San Jose Sharks #2 prospect

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Hmm.

So one of the pro scouts I know didn't have a very high opinion of Meier. Called him a great pick in the last-half of the first round, but not where the Sharks got him. Seems him as a safe bet to be a third liner.

On the other side, had nothing but positives to say about Roy, Bergman, and Brodzinski. Compared Roy to Duncan Keith, and Bergman to Brent Seabrook. Expects Brodzinski to have a great season with more responsibility on the Gophers.

What was his knock on Meier?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hmm.

So one of the pro scouts I know didn't have a very high opinion of Meier. Called him a great pick in the last-half of the first round, but not where the Sharks got him. Seems him as a safe bet to be a third liner.

On the other side, had nothing but positives to say about Roy, Bergman, and Brodzinski. Compared Roy to Duncan Keith, and Bergman to Brent Seabrook. Expects Brodzinski to have a great season with more responsibility on the Gophers.

I feel like being high on Bergman is just setting yourself up for disappointment since I can't figure out anything about his game that's exceptional. He just seems kinda average at everything right now...but I'm just an armchair scout here.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
What was his knock on Meier?

Needs more speed, can physically dominate the game in a way he won't be able to do in the NHL. He has good attention to detail offensively, and that's money in juniors but expected at the NHL level. Lacks high-end hockey sense, needs to improve defensively. Not an explosive, cerebral player.

I feel like being high on Bergman is just setting yourself up for disappointment since I can't figure out anything about his game that's exceptional. He just seems kinda average at everything right now...but I'm just an armchair scout here.

Scout compared him to Brent Seabrook...big, physical, very good passing, very good skating. He's been high on Bergman for a while; has maintained a Bergman > Mueller belief.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento

Almost everyone that attended the scrimmages last preseason came away with impressive reviews of Bergman. I did not see that, so don't take what I'm saying as preaching… but I do remember the glowing reviews of seeing him live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad