GDT: San Jose Sharks(14-13-0) @ Edmonton Oilers(11-15-2) 6:30pm CSN-CA

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
DeBoer has been playing the top two lines & his top 4 D a lot. Wonder if that extra ice team is just catching up with them. The injuries certainly haven't helped either

Maybe, but either way they need to communicate better and cut out these mistakes. They really are the difference between winning and losing.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Hopefully being able to practice today and tomorrow will help to address & correct those mistakes.

Being able to practice has not done much good up to this point. Aside from the 6 game road win streak, which has been the ONLY real bright light so far this season ,there isn't much positive to take out of this season thus far.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Being able to practice has not done much good up to this point. Aside from the 6 game road win streak, which has been the ONLY real bright light so far this season ,there isn't much positive to take out of this season thus far.

I would actually argue that the schedule has had too many long breaks.

Did Demelo really play yesterday cuz I literally have no memory of him on the ice.

That's actually not a bad thing ... as the saying goes for D-men.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Have you been to the SAP Center lately for a game. I think they already left.

They're all watching the Warriors. Sharks never anticipated having to compete for the Fall-Spring Sports dollar.....It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Why would any casual fan pay these prices to see a team that isn't all that exciting to watch and can't win at home?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Just looking at the advanced stats from last night, seemed like the team did pretty well from start to finish. 1st line did a solid job, 3rd line did a solid job, 4th line surprisingly came out ahead as well. Pretty much the only guys with terrible results were Marleau, Ward, and Couture and the Dillon-Braun pairing. They pretty much got demolished by all the Oilers.

But eye test was weird so take it for what it's worth.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Just looking at the advanced stats from last night, seemed like the team did pretty well from start to finish. 1st line did a solid job, 3rd line did a solid job, 4th line surprisingly came out ahead as well. Pretty much the only guys with terrible results were Marleau, Ward, and Couture and the Dillon-Braun pairing. They pretty much got demolished by all the Oilers.

But eye test was weird so take it for what it's worth.

Which is weird because Marleau's line and Braun were producing even while more or less playing behind the 8-ball. And while the Thornton line was doing well possession, until they had scored in the 3rd, they really weren't doing much with that advantage. It's the way it goes sometimes. Hopefully, that jump they got leading into that Pavs goal starts to get them out of their funk.

By stats is Mueller awful. 10 games 2 hits 2 blocked shot 10:34 TOI/G.

Because he's a rook and DeBoer doesn't trust him so he doesn't give him much of a leash. For the most part, he's not really out of line for doing that but the past few games, he's noticeably more confident out there and playing with more poise. DeBoer habitually shortens the bench in the 3rd period especially if the team is behind.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Mueller is not playing like garbage. He's getting better. Out of all the guys that has more or less played the #6 spot, he's looked the best these past few games.

I agree with this, and I'm not one of the Mirco supporters here. But, he has improved compared to the start of the season, and last season.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I agree with this, and I'm not one of the Mirco supporters here. But, he has improved compared to the start of the season, and last season.

I agree. The problem with Mueller is I think he's going to be an excellent defensemen... when he's 25. He's going to be a late bloomer, but I think if we stick it out we'll have a very good player.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I agree. The problem with Mueller is I think he's going to be an excellent defensemen... when he's 25. He's going to be a late bloomer, but I think if we stick it out we'll have a very good player.

I'd be very pleased if he ends up as a Hjalmarsson-esque player. Ecstatic if he could do more than that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I'm sure we'll Ehrhoff him before it gets that far.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

I don't think it will be that extreme. Look at his physical development this year versus last. He is still a kid, and you can tell he is pretty nervous about making the right plays. As the season progresses he is getting much better. It may be a year or two, but I actually don't think he is that far off. The skills are there, he just needs to put it all together.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't think it will be that extreme. Look at his physical development this year versus last. He is still a kid, and you can tell he is pretty nervous about making the right plays. As the season progresses he is getting much better. It may be a year or two, but I actually don't think he is that far off. The skills are there, he just needs to put it all together.

He hasn't shown any spark. The creativity, puck-handling, and hockey sense the scouts raved about...there has been none of it.

Based on his frame and skating alone, sure, he could have a couple of years as a bottom-pairing defenseman. But I thought he could be much more than that.

Unless he is going to go all Victor Hedman on us...

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Maybe we let Mueller get to the legal drinking age before we start writing him off?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He needs consistent playing time before making an accurate assessment. Hard to play well with no rhythm or confidence.

Exactly. Out of a total of 48 games this season between the cuda and sharks. He has played in a whopping 17 games. If the management/coaching staff believe in him like they say they do. Then they need to stop ******* around with his playing time. Either let him play full time in the ahl, or play full time in the nhl. None of this call up for 4 days and 2 games but never see the ice bull crap.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He hasn't shown any spark. The creativity, puck-handling, and hockey sense the scouts raved about...there has been none of it.

Based on his frame and skating alone, sure, he could have a couple of years as a bottom-pairing defenseman. But I thought he could be much more than that.

Unless he is going to go all Victor Hedman on us...

Which scouts raved about his creativity and puck-handling?

I'm not disagreeing with you because I think Mirco tops out as a #5 but I just think you have unrealistic expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad