Prospect Info: Samuel Savoie, 81st overall, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don't know how effective Savoie will be. If he'll be more going through the motions like Nazar did last year or if he'll be back to where he was and hit the ground running. But so happy he's getting some games in and won't a complete year of development.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't know how effective Savoie will be. If he'll be more going through the motions like Nazar did last year or if he'll be back to where he was and hit the ground running. But so happy he's getting some games in and won't a complete year of development.
fwiw, Nazar was playing 3rd line for Michigan upon return from injury, which makes sense as Michigan is always pretty stacked. After however many games to get to speed and by the playoffs, I'd be surprised if Savoie wasn't playing 1st line.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
fwiw, Nazar was playing 3rd line for Michigan upon return from injury, which makes sense as Michigan is always pretty stacked. After however many games to get to speed and by the playoffs, I'd be surprised if Savoie wasn't playing 1st line.

I would not. He's going to a stronger team than the one he played at with Gatineau. That Verreault - Loshko - Fontaine line has been incredible for them. I can't see him overtaking any of those guys unless he really comes out guns blazin.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I would not. He's going to a stronger team than the one he played at with Gatineau. That Verreault - Loshko - Fontaine line has been incredible for them. I can't see him overtaking any of those guys unless he really comes out guns blazin.
He’s starting on the second line (Fontaine seems to be out so a different guy is playing RW) but if he and Verreault are both at their best on LW it makes sense to split them up at even strength and both could have first line type usage and play PP1.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Game misconduct midway through the 2nd, not sure what he did. Here is the assist from the 1st period.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Getting ejected after an assist and kicked out for boarding in your first game back from a season long injury is just :chefs kiss: legendary

Reactions: Malaka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad