Prospect Info: Samuel Savoie, 81st overall, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Andy, if you have a moment to respond, why was he only 10th in scoring on Gatineau?

What about his style of play wasn't translating to production?
He was often utilized for his forechecking and defensive skills, didn't get much PP time, deployed on the 3rd line in the first half of the season.

Also always plays at 110%, could learn to play with more control and creativity.

Amazing advanced stats tho.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
He was often utilized for his forechecking and defensive skills, didn't get much PP time, deployed on the 3rd line in the first half of the season.

Also always plays at 110%, could learn to play with more control and creativity.

Amazing advanced stats tho.

savoie.png

Same with Mitch Brown

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Hi Black Hawks fans!

I am a Gatineau Olympiques fan.
For those long-time NHL fans, Samuel has Dale Hunter qualities.
He is very strong at getting under the opponents' skin, all while remaining very much disciplined.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Sounds like a Andrew Shaw type of little agitator & net front battler. Good to have in the pool
Exactly the name I see too.

Would have LOVED Savoie with the Habs and will definitely follow his development closely. Guy has great odds to play in the NHL and become a household name on a bottom-6. I thought 81 was a bit early, but if he plays 10 years on your bottom 6, then that's a great use of a 3rd rounder!

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Exactly the name I see too.

Would have LOVED Savoie with the Habs and will definitely follow his development closely. Guy has great odds to play in the NHL and become a household name on a bottom-6. I thought 81 was a bit early, but if he plays 10 years on your bottom 6, then that's a great use of a 3rd rounder!

if he plays 3 years as a third liner that’s a great use of a third round pick.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and ray c

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Savoie underwent surgery on his femur but for some reason the actual injury has not been revealed that I can see. Was it broken? ... multiple fractures? or something else?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Savoie underwent surgery on his femur but for some reason the actual injury has not been revealed that I can see. Was it broken? ... multiple fractures? or something else?
Doubt we’ll get that info. Most femur fractures in hockey are Oblique fractures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad