Samuel Girard - Best player from the 3 way trade?

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
The first round pick will be more valuable, Girard is nice though. 2nd best part of that trade.
I think it will have to be very high to be a more valuable asset. At this point I take Girard over Makar who was a very high pick himself. Although he might make me look bad on that one with the way he’s playing this year in college. To be honest the only Avalanche players I take over Girard are Mackinnon and Rantanen, I’m really really high on Girard.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Trade Looks Amazing for Colorado..

First round pick (1-8 overall)
Samuel Girard -) top 4 defender
Shane Bowers -) Potential top 6 forward
Vladislav Kamenev -) Middle Six Forward

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I just wanted people to see this play

As an Avs fan, he's more valuable than Duchene by far.

Would you guys rather have Duchene/Turris over Girard?

A Gatorade would have been more valuable to the Avs than Duchene. It just wasnt meant to be.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I feel like we should wait for Girard to play a whole season at a high level before we come to big conclusions

I completely agree. But, Girard is a 20 year old kid is making plays like this, after looking very good as a 19 year old rookie. It's fair for Avs fans to be excited. He's going to be special.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Speaking as a Nashville fan who still loves Girard, I do the trade again tomorrow. If we didn't have the top four we have I would have to think harder about it.
Remember when Avs fans balked at the thought of Girard, thinking they should be getting Ekholm instead? Preds fans know their shit when talking about d-men. And, yeah, zero hesitation doing that trade again. Glad Girard's doing so well.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
in 2 years Edmonton will trade for a Nashville dmen and get back Jonathan Blum v2.0

bump this when it happens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad