Prospect Info: Samuel Blais

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blais has been up 3 games and got his first point, i don't see how "his clock is ticking" not everyone can be Schwartz, Tarasenko, or Fabbri and score I their first shot in the league. Plus he's not projected like them either, he's gonna be a 3rd liner tops.

Ding. Clock went off. He can try again during the next round of injuries or at training camp next season.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Ding. Clock went off. He can try again during the next round of injuries or at training camp next season.

Or he can try again later in the year if they send another player down. Or he can try again if he plays very well in the AHL and the Blues are struggling. Or he can try again if the Blues think he's more ready later in the year. Or he can...

I think this clock of yours needs to be rewound, because it's obviously not indicative of much at this point.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Or he can try again later in the year if they send another player down. Or he can try again if he plays very well in the AHL and the Blues are struggling. Or he can try again if the Blues think he's more ready later in the year. Or he can...

I think this clock of yours needs to be rewound, because it's obviously not indicative of much at this point.

He was sent down....no? His time here (at least for the immediate future) ran out...no?

If he was performing at the level expected he would still be here...no?

He needs more work. Nothing wrong with that, but his time here ran out. His next opportunity will come. And when it does he won't be given training wheels. They will expect him to elevate his game. Note that they sent Barbie down too. His time an out. They expected more from him.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
He was sent down....no? His time here (at least for the immediate future) ran out...no?

He needs more work. Nothing wrong with that, but his time here ran out. His next opportunity will come. And when it does he won't be given training wheels. They will expect him to elevate his game. Note that they sent Barbie down too. His time an out. They expected more from him.

Or they were the only two waiver exempt forwards we could send down for a little bit of cap relief. Since we only have 12 forwards on the roster now and 21 players total (22 if JayBo comes back), we will need to call someone else up eventually. There is a decent chance its one of those two.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

It's not uncommon for teams to send down waiver-eligible players during a long break to gain a little cap relief. I don't believe San Antonio has any games until Friday, so I'm assuming it's for cap relief since Blais won't get into any games before the next Blues game. The fact that the Blues haven't called anyone up either also hints at this. Not sure if Bouwmeester is ready to come back since I haven't seen any news that he's even begun skating again.

I think Barbashev should stay down and the Blues call up Megan. I have been wholly unimpressed with Barbashev's play and a stint in the AHL may be the wake up call he needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad