News: Samson reinhart looking to move on

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hear me out.

We trade Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle, Virtanen and Holtby for Eichel, Ristolainen and Reinhart, all at max retention. Dahlin, McCabe, Middelstadt, Cozens and Ukko-Pekka are part of the deal as well. Any other players or prospects of note would be included as well.

We rebrand as the Vancouffalo Sabnucks, and we play alternating years in Vancouver and in Buffalo.

We win all the cups from here on, the playoffs will merely be a format to see who we crush.

Any player not pulling their weight, or simply not worth their cap hit, get traded to the Buffouver Canbers, who are farmed for lottery win draft picks.

You son of a bitch, I'm in

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
It strikes me as too much if you don't have a center spot for him. So I don't think Vancouver would offer that. I think Minnesota and Columbus would be the highest bidders.
Agreed. Arguably it solves our 3c spot with Horvat sliding down but Podz is worth betting on for the need he potentially fills. Plus all depends who is available when we pick. A high-end RHD is the #1 need on this team.

Reactions: Lochaber

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Maybe all these guys leaving will be a blessing in disguise. Something is rotten in buffalo and has been for a number of years. Getting rid of this core and starting fresh is going to absolutely suck for the fans, and ownership but you cant keep trying with the same core if it isn't working. Blow it up.
Unfortunately the rotten part doesn't seem to be tradeable.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Reinhart too? This is disastrous for Sabres fans.

The writing was on the wall when they signed Hall. I talked about this last off-season, that if the Sabres were to fail, there's no way these guys have any hope remaining that this is going to work in Buffalo.

They can't possibly top the Hall signing with any UFA and create excitement that way. It was this year or bust.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
what a DISASTER this is becoming for Buffalo

Already was. COVID clouded the fact that last season was make-or-break for the team to prove to Jack/Sam it could actually build around them.

The green GM and the 7 remaining staff members couldn't quite pull it off, and the owners were busy taking pictures on the Bills field, and building superyachts.

Reactions: Vito_81

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Already was. COVID clouded the fact that last season was make-or-break for the team to prove to Jack/Sam it could actually build around them.

The green GM and the 7 remaining staff members couldn't quite pull it off, and the owners were busy taking pictures on the Bills field, and building superyachts.
I feel for the fans - but I'm sure they are sick of hearing it.
Thankfully for them both Eichel and Reinhart should give them very solid pieces in return.

Wonder if a team like Seattle (not far from his hometown) make a strong push for Reinhart? I envision a decent change of scenery for him and straight shot at becoming the face of that organization.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Minnesota has the assets and the need. It's just a matter of finding the right deal.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Minnesota has the assets and the need. It's just a matter of finding the right deal.
Fiala+Foligno for Reinhart and Ristolainen.

Fiala could end up a disaster with our management but if we keep Granato he's the right coach for him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Fiala could end up a disaster with our management but if we keep Granato he's the right coach for him.

Wouldn't the Sabres prefer a more future-oriented return? Something like:

2021 1st + 2022 2nd + Khusnutdinov + Dumba (for cap purposes)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Not moving Fiala and absolutely don’t need Ristolainen. Would be something around Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad