Confirmed with Link: Sammy Blais re-signs 1 year 850k (1 Way contract)

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
hope he doesn’t turn into Sobotka.... once he gets paid he turns into a ***** cat....minus the cat
source.gif

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I’m gonna focus on three “glass half full” elements to this disappointing news.

1. He will be fresher for the playoffs.

2. His time missed will deflate his numbers for this season, likely making his cap hit next year lower. That will probably come in handy.

3. This increases the likelihood that Kostin and Kyrou will spend more time in the NHL lineup and less time in the AHL. That, in turn, increases the likelihood that they will be able to provide a meaningful contribution in the playoffs if called upon.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I’m gonna focus on three “glass half full” elements to this disappointing news.

1. He will be fresher for the playoffs.

2. His time missed will deflate his numbers for this season, likely making his cap hit next year lower. That will probably come in handy.

3. This increases the likelihood that Kostin and Kyrou will spend more time in the NHL lineup and less time in the AHL. That, in turn, increases the likelihood that they will be able to provide a meaningful contribution in the playoffs if called upon.

1) yes
2) yes
3) Maybe Kostin, but I think Walker will get the call not Kyrou.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Oh and how that wasn’t at LEAST a boarding call on the no-name lightning player is beyond me. Drove him face first into the boards, with a cut on his eye. And it was his wrist that got hurt
Blais turned into it. Good non-call IMO.

Bummer about the wrist injury tho. Blais has been fantastic so far this year. He was looking great last night with ROR and Perron...was really hoping he would hold down that spot.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
It’s been a while since I was as wowed by a Blues player’s stick handling as much as I was last night by Blais in that 3rd period shift. Shame, and he will be missed.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Are you familiar with the pre and post Sobotka style of play? Once he got paid, he no played the same style.
Oh I’m aware, I just fail to see why that matters in Blais’ case. I just fail to see the relevance.

Also, Sobotka’s story is one that is unique. I don’t think it’s as simple as saying that he played worse because of his paycheck.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
So 4 options for tomorrow

DLR back into the lineup.

Brower goes in!

Call up!

Or roll 7 DMen. Would it be plausible to even think one could play forward if so who?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Oh I’m aware, I just fail to see why that matters in Blais’ case. I just fail to see the relevance.

Also, Sobotka’s story is one that is unique. I don’t think it’s as simple as saying that he played worse because of his paycheck.

I was just thinking that a low salary player that plays a really aggressive, hard hitting style to prove himself... then earns a big contract, then has no incentive to keep playing that way.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It’s been a while since I was as wowed by a Blues player’s stick handling as much as I was last night by Blais in that 3rd period shift. Shame, and he will be missed.

Yeah, agree. His stick handling and hands have really impressed me. He’s quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
So 4 options for tomorrow

DLR back into the lineup.

Brower goes in!

Call up!

Or roll 7 DMen. Would it be plausible to even think one could play forward if so who?

1- Hopefully no.
2- Could be worse options. See ^^^. Most likely option without a doubt.
3- Highly doubtful right now, especially considering Brouwer signing.
4- I would actually love to see Parayko/Dunn in an offense role ala Burns early years.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
1- Hopefully no.
2- Could be worse options. See ^^^. Most likely option without a doubt.
3- Highly doubtful right now, especially considering Brouwer signing.
4- I would actually love to see Parayko/Dunn in an offense role ala Burns early years.
I thought we brought in Faulk for that role? Oh ...wait ...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad