Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This sucks. Blais was playing very well and he filled a very good role on the team.

Tough break for us and a tough break for him. Dude cannot stay healthy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That really sucks for Blais. Did Slubban really cause this?

Anyway, rest up and get back soon!

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
In other news, I reckon even Krav himself thinks he's an idiot now sitting in Chelyabinsk or whatever. (If not either he's braindead or there was some behind the scenes fallout between him and the org)

The Rangers are done with Kravtsov, no doubt about that.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This really really hurts. Needed Sammy for the push and playoffs if they get there. f***

f*** Subban that piece of shit. This NEEDS to be addressed by the league AND the Rangers the next time they meet.
This is all of the Rangers fault, especially Kreider's for NOT burying this p.o.s. in a meanigless pre-season game AFTER he did same against Reaves. This would have never happened if they did just that.

What next? Who next? Panarin? Zibby? We have 3 more games with them.......he should be suspended for those remaining games for HIS safety. OR........ it SHOULD GET REAL EFFIN' UGLY. NO EXCUSES.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
NGL it's a little bit tough to *really hate* Slewban (for me it's easier with someone like wilson). But he's brain dead playing like he does and there's supposed to be a mechanism telling him just that in no uncertain terms. So far the terms were a 15k fine randomly chosen on a wheel of fortune spun by Parros.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Believe it or not, I've came to check HFNYR *just* as I was re watching the incident and frankly was going to say that ACL injuries which plague soccer rarely if ever occur after such twisting of the knee... But then again, soccer isn't played on skates..
I think hockey is one of the sports with the least amount of ACL tears actually. I injured my knee in hockey on a knee on knee collision, then re-injured it diving to block a shot. The lachman test performed by the sports doctor showed a torn ACL, so did the MRI. Then a year later I’ve seen 2 surgeons who both said it’s not torn lmao, and the lachman test now shows no tear. They aren’t supposed to heal so I don’t know how that happened

Reactions: tlk

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think hockey is one of the sports with the least amount of ACL tears actually. I injured my knee in hockey on a knee on knee collision, then re-injured it diving to block a shot. The lachman test performed by the sports doctor showed a torn ACL, so did the MRI. Then a year later I’ve seen 2 surgeons who both said it’s not torn lmao, and the lachman test now shows no tear. They aren’t supposed to heal so I don’t know how that happened
you must have rubbed Kravtsov bath water on it... heard the chinese having been using it for its healing properties for millennia

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I'm probalby being over-emotional - but I am assigning some of the blame on Reaves, Gallant and Drury for this injury.

Reaves could be out for the season right now with the same injury as Blais due to a PURPOSEFUL SLEW FOOT from Subban in a PRESEASON game.

NOTHING was done when they met again. Kreider was the only one who stepped up and did something to deter his behavior but it wasnt enough. They shouldve sent Subban a big mesage after all of the other incidents in the league, both before AND after the Blais incident.

Why the hell did we go out trade for Reaves AND extend him a year? To only forecheck? To have him yell at other players and intimidate them with his "swagger"?

This was the perfect time to send a message that you cant play dirty and cheat that game like that, ESPECIALLY on MSG ice.

Go after Hughes, Bratt and Mercer now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad