Injury Report: Sammy Blais out for the season. (Torn ACL)

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Should I say thank you for posting the obvious about injury recovery?

All I said is he has been skating for weeks when you made it sound like people are just suggesting he skated this morning and now he should be immediately put into the lineup. If his knee isn't healthy for contact than he would be wearing a no contact jersey in practice, dont be silly.

As I posted earlier I am just curious IF a lineup spot opens up if they would turn to hunt, rooney, or blais. It obviously depends which spot it is, but the fact you can even consider this now is interesting.
Sorry there is no obvious on HF! I think some people (esp social media) equate contact jersey = ready to play.

I misunderstood your post as you alluding to him going in immediately.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Oh, OK, got it. So if Strome wasn't hurt and we didn't have as many power plays than all of Chytil, Kakko and Laf would have played only 10 minutes last game.

Sounds good. That makes me feel better.

Probably not the case. Laf would be the only PP guy then, so I would imagine GG would roll out Goodrow / Chytil / Kakko immediately after the PP to reset lines 1 and 2. With Chytil on PP1 and Laf on PP2, Kakko was the only rested body for Line 3, so the 4th line gets trotted out after the PP fails.

You could argue that Kakko should take a shift on that line in place of really any of the 3 but that's another discussion :)

Reactions: Chaels Arms

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Yea this is crazy talk if you think Blais is getting in this series. Right now I would bet Rooney, Brod, and Hunt are all ahead of him on the depth chart.

The only way I see him playing again this year is if we make the finals and go down 2-0. At that point Gallant might put him in to spark the lineup if hes ready. People are seriously underestimating how difficult it is to get back into game shape after being out an extended period, playoff game shape at that.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Blais will be in on an injury basis only. Can’t see GG upsetting the squad for a guy who hasn’t played since November.

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
If GG splits up the kid line again (for a bottom 6 guy off an acl tear) and we lose, wow. Would be really obvious why he doesn't last at places long.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Would be amazing if he can draw back in at some point and contribute.

Hes obviously getting close.

If GG splits up the kid line again (for a bottom 6 guy off an acl tear) and we lose, wow. Would be really obvious why he doesn't last at places long.

I thought about the possibly of slotting him on Panarin's opposite wing with Copp between them if Strome can't go and is out for a bit.

Asking him to eat those kinds of minutes after this much time off would be kind of ridiculous though. If he comes back, It really should be in place of Reaves.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Would be amazing if he can draw back in at some point and contribute.

Hes obviously getting close.

I thought about the possibly of slotting him on Panarin's opposite wing with Copp between them if Strome can't go and is out for a bit.

Asking him to eat those kinds of minutes after this much time off would be kind of ridiculous though. If he comes back, It really should be in place of Reaves.
100 percent.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad