OT - NO POLITICS Sammiches, haircuts, and cakes ….oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
ya…but Yodels are better.
Superior items for the season

20221130_161748.jpg

Had to get them off Amazon because they're always off the shelves at Stop & Shop.

Thanks!

I can never sleep when I am traveling (by air) the next day.

At least I will be awake for my 5 am pick up.
Safe Travels! And have fun. :)

aguineapig

Flying to St Martin/ Marteen tomorrow. I am leaving my house at 5 am.

I don't love flying. I am not afraid just get a tad claustrophobic. I am meeting my daughter (she is flying in from San Franciso) in Newark. We then fly to the Island.

Hopefully all goes well.

Hopefully I can find somewhere to watch the Bs
From Lou to Ladyfan

"Lady be good, do what you should
You know it'll be alright"

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Making these pinwheels for a get together later today. Easy to do... cream cheese, feta, green onion, craisins, and spinach tortilla.

Except I could not find plain craisins anywhere in Walmart :skeptic:... not in the canned fruit aisle where the app said they should be... not on an endcap or in the special holiday baking area, not in produce.... so I bought a bag of dried cranberries with walnuts instead. We'll see how they turn out!

Screenshot_20221203_081150.jpg

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Flying to St Martin/ Marteen tomorrow. I am leaving my house at 5 am.

I don't love flying. I am not afraid just get a tad claustrophobic. I am meeting my daughter (she is flying in from San Franciso) in Newark. We then fly to the Island.

Hopefully all goes well.

Hopefully I can find somewhere to watch the Bs

French side or Dutch side?

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Making these pinwheels for a get together later today. Easy to do... cream cheese, feta, green onion, craisins, and spinach tortilla.

Except I could not find plain craisins anywhere in Walmart :skeptic:... not in the canned fruit aisle where the app said they should be... not on an endcap or in the special holiday baking area, not in produce.... so I bought a bag of dried cranberries with walnuts instead. We'll see how they turn out!

View attachment 616287
Looks good but off limits for me b/c of the walnuts.

The only downside of the holidays for me is the amount of walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts are used in cookies/sweets. It is a guaranteed trip to the er for me :/

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
WHY PEOPLE???
there are 104 lockers in the locker room at my gym. I always pick 88, because… Pasta. Why do women have to pick 86 & 90 (the adjacent bottom lockers) when 90% off the lockers not next to mine are open?
For God’s sake, space yourselves!!

/rant

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
WHY PEOPLE???
there are 104 lockers in the locker room at my gym. I always pick 88, because… Pasta. Why do women have to pick 86 & 90 (the adjacent bottom lockers) when 90% off the lockers not next to mine are open?

/rant
The worst is when there is a row of treadmills available and someone will get on the one directly next to mine. Like what is wrong with some people?

Reactions: Bruinaura

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Posting this here and in one other thread (?). As ususal, I never know where to put these bits,

From The Athletic, owned and operated by NYT, and therefore occasional access to selected stories are accessible to NYT subscribers,

December is here, the holiday season is upon us, and it’s time to think about what everyone wants for Christmas. Hockey Santa is making a list, he’s checking it twice and he’s ready to deliver some goodies later this month.

We’re kicking off the holiday season by offering up one item on every team’s wish list. If you don’t see your favorite team unwrapping these exact gifts on Dec. 25, just know that it’s because they’re a very naughty team that got a lump of coal instead. Or they just don’t celebrate. Either way, everyone has stuff they could use.

1. Boston Bruins

Last Week: 1
Record: 19-3-0
Dom rank: 1
Sean rank: 1

Wish List: A nice, thoughtful, handwritten card for our friend Patrice Bergeron that says how proud we are of him for all his success throughout his career.

What do you get for someone who has it all? Something from the heart. The Bruins have starpower and they have depth. They have a strong group of forwards and defensemen. They have a terrific starter and a capable backup. They have it all and that makes gift-giving really difficult.

So we searched deep in our souls for something special and landed on a Christmas card. It’s for Patrice, the King of Boston, a universally likable all-world talent that is on a mission to finish his illustrious career with one more Stanley Cup. We’re rooting for you, buddy!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
WHY PEOPLE???

/rant
I picked 73 when I swam because it was right by the changing room lol.

People love to do this in the parking lot too. Maddening

Reactions: sooshii

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thinking about my mom's Hershey cake made me wonder if I could find the recipe online. Behold, here it is. I remembered that it called for boiling water so that made it easy to find lol. I may have to try making it sometime.

Reactions: sooshii

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Im still a sucker for a ring ding. Been years. But ya with a cold glass of milk real good.

When I was a kid, I liked Twinkies. I believe I had my last in '75. I bought two and saved one. It's pinned to my wall with a dart. Looks the same and along with roaches and Keith Richards, will survive the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad