Value of: Sami Vatenan to the Leafs

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Vatanen will catch his stride back in Anaheim. Just to fulfill the majority Ducks fans wanting a RHD. What’s the cost re acquisition.

Anaheim did the same damn thing with Etem in Vancouver, and re acquiring players. What’s the cost of Vatanen back in Anaheim.
Etem was brought back by claiming him off of waivers, then sent him to the AHL.

You’re probably correct in that waivers is about the only way Anaheim would reacquire him outside off an offseason signing.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Let's be realistic here, Vatanen isn't the guy Leafs need. He's a puck moving defensman, and while he might be an upgrade over Barrie defensively it's still not good enough for what the Leafs need.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Etem was brought back by claiming him off of waivers, then sent him to the AHL.

You’re probably correct in that waivers is about the only way Anaheim would reacquire him outside off an offseason signing.

Proof in the pudding. Anaheim re acquired Etem. That was the premise of the post. And I want to know what it would cost Anaheim to get Vatanen back just to please you fans on the balogne of Defense needing an upgrade. When the entire top 6 is ass

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
[MOD]

Vatanen is not what we need. No need to pigeon hole a deal here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Agreed. Barrie is enough...we need a D 1st guy.

I think Dubas' issue is going to be A) who, and B) the cap implications moving forward.
If Barrie walks on July 1, that trade looks awful. So I think you try like hell to resign him AND muzzin.
So if you try and do that, how can you add anyone right now? Unless they're an RFA and/or cost controlled, it's unlikely.

Sure we have LTIR relief right now, but I wouldn't be using that if it costs us resigning those two UFAs in the summer, unless Barrie is part of the deal, then that would make sense.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Not going to happen, but fans can dream.
Probably not but he's a right who has been playing mostly on his offside.....he would fall into top 4 of most teams I could see him getting a first especially from Vegas....

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think Dubas' issue is going to be A) who, and B) the cap implications moving forward.
If Barrie walks on July 1, that trade looks awful. So I think you try like hell to resign him AND muzzin.
So if you try and do that, how can you add anyone right now? Unless they're an RFA and/or cost controlled, it's unlikely.

Sure we have LTIR relief right now, but I wouldn't be using that if it costs us resigning those two UFAs in the summer, unless Barrie is part of the deal, then that would make sense.
Not sure about the Barrie thing, Dubas has eyes...Barrie is not good at all defensively. I think he needs to cut his losses and actually trade him now for assets.

Reactions: ElTito

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Not sure about the Barrie thing, Dubas has eyes...Barrie is not good at all defensively. I think he needs to cut his losses and actually trade him now for assets.

Like I said, that makes more sense. Package him for a defensive RHD with some cost certainty.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

The problem with that is they are sitting in a playoff spot and when was the last time you saw a team in a playoff spot sell?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The problem with that is they are sitting in a playoff spot and when was the last time you saw a team in a playoff spot sell?
It will be tricky for Dubas...he's going to need to do some juggling here. Find out what the general cost for Manson/Dumba/whomever. Then move Barrie for assets, combine those assets with Kap/Johnsson and take your shot.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
It will be tricky for Dubas...he's going to need to do some juggling here. Find out what the general cost for Manson/Dumba/whomever. Then move Barrie for assets, combine those assets with Kap/Johnsson and take your shot.
Or two deals, either way.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
There's no negotiation, you give NJ a 1st with no conditions. If not, we re-sign him long term. It's that simple.

NJ needs D and they need to retain talent, we like Vatanen and he likes us and we have absolutely no reason to trade him unless it's something we can't say no to.

Reactions: awegrzyn

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Arguably, Montreal? They also have a chance at playoffs. And we have a few rumor threads that they are selling.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There's no negotiation, you give NJ a 1st with no conditions. If not, we re-sign him long term. It's that simple.

NJ needs D and they need to retain talent, we like Vatanen and he likes us and we have absolutely no reason to trade him unless it's something we can't say no to.

Then you sign tthat extension

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Proof in the pudding. Anaheim re acquired Etem. That was the premise of the post. And I want to know what it would cost Anaheim to get Vatanen back just to please you fans on the balogne of Defense needing an upgrade. When the entire top 6 is ass
Like I said - for the same price, which is free.

He’s UFA in a few months. Sign him then for no assets, if he will sign. There is no way he’d ever re-sign in Anaheim without a NMC with the expansion draft coming IMO, so this would be wasted assets.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Like I said - for the same price, which is free.

He’s UFA in a few months. Sign him then for no assets, if he will sign. There is no way he’d ever re-sign in Anaheim without a NMC with the expansion draft coming IMO, so this would be wasted assets.

I think it would be in good intentions that we traded for Vatanen. Then going back to him in Free Agency, and saying hey man sorry we messed up. Trading for a player after a mis hap shows respect, and good vibes. And we actually do care about you. Not just showing a player we suck so let’s see if we can get a traded player back in free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad