Post-Game Talk: Same team, another season. Leafs put in a lacklustre effort lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Please remove Tavares from Nylander and vice versa. Put a player more reliable on D with both of them.
Can Minten play wing?

Knies Matt Marn
Minten Tavares Domi
Bertuzzi Nylander Jarny

Im trying to find my inner Keefe...

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Our defense is really bad, and with out Matthews and Nylander playing extraordinary hockey we could easily be 0-3. Not sure what the fix is here tbh. Most of the d just looks so ugly.

Expected goal since beginning 8,22 ( 2,74/game) vs goal allowed 13 (4,3/ game)

It is really a result of bad D or just result of goalie who just not fully take their rythm
Samsonov had been trash on both game
Woll just okay
Allen had been bad
Gustavsson had been trash
soderblum was the only goalie whos looked great amount all goalie played in 1st 3 game.

Yes leafs can be better defensivly but i dont think its that disastrous. Yes leafs could be 0-3 like they could be 3-0

Reactions: Duffman955

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
My point was there has been discussion on whether or not they can afford to keep the core four together and if Treliving decides the answer to that question is "no" - then which of the four would be the most likely to go and that's where I believe the "word on the street" is Nylander. If it were my decision I would rather trade Tavaras than Nylander but apparently trading Tavaras is a non-starter.

OK - gotcha. My opinion on him is out of date.
Yes, if we have to trade someone, the only one actually tradable at the moment is Willy, thanks to Dubas giving NTCs to Matty, Mitch and JT.

But Willy wants to stay, and trading him or letting him walk would be the worst move.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yes, if we have to trade someone, the only one actually tradable at the moment is Willy, thanks to Dubas giving NTCs to Matty, Mitch and JT.

But Willy wants to stay, and trading him or letting him walk would be the worst move.

I hear ya - last thing you want is a "Jonny Hockey" situation where you're left holding an empty bag.

What I wouldn't give to see Nylander on RW with Bedard - that would be all kinds of fun. But that's a pipe dream that won't happen for multiple reasons - so banishing the thought. :laugh:

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Every single player of those statures has a NTC or NMC, so not really sure why the need for a piss poor take.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Every single player of those statures has a NTC or NMC, so not really sure why the need for a piss poor take.
It’s just hockey I don’t understand why you can’t just say poor take. Instead you always take it to another level like piss poor take. I like seeing your posts but you always go to an extreme.

I hope everything is going well in life please don’t let hockey consume your life and cause you to react strongly to others in life.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Why is it a "piss poor take" to point out the facts?

And are you saying Nylander isn't a "player of those statures"?

Reactions: All Mod Cons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad