Confirmed with Link: Sam Reinhart wins inaugural Rick Martin Memorial Award for 2020-21 season

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
no people think Krueger put skinner in the doghouse because he didn’t fit krueger’s scheme based on who skinner played with, kreuger’s comments, and because it was super obvious.

Krueger is a great example of a coach that wants players to fit to his scheme, rather than creating a scheme that best fits the players. Skinner is the antithesis of what Krueger wanted from players, and he paid the price.

so no, not hatred. But sheer stubbornness
Housley was exactly the same...Good job Jason :)

Congratulations to Sam! I loved him even when people were calling him Muffin

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Housley was exactly the same...Good job Jason :)

Congratulations to Sam! I loved him even when people were calling him Muffin

Every coach has a similar quirk about them though. There's always that one player they like too much, or too little for whatever reason. The issues with Housley and Krueger were rooted in how they handled the rest of the team as well.

Reactions: debaser66

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Becoming a star at Center. I’m eating mad crow. Didn’t care much for Winger Reino, I love Center Samson.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Honestly, I thought Linus Ullmark would be in the running(though I don't have a problem with Reinhart winning the award).

Why? Well, at times he was the best player on the ice for the Sabres. He upped his game(9-6-3 OTL and a 2.63 GAA, plus a .917 SV)considerably. And he did all this while he was grieving the death of a close relative from far away. If that doesn't demonstrate resilience and what it means to be a Sabre, then I don't know what does.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
the incompetence of management and all prior coaches (except Granato) regarding the handling of Sam Reinhart is baffling.
It exemplifies the Pegula area in a nutshell and all the foul structures the laid out and called it "culture".
Its just a string of ill advised decisions based on personal preference instead of actual competence in the field.

Reactions: 2 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad