Confirmed with Link: Sam Morton signs 1 year, two-way / $950K, starting 2024-2025

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Must have been due to someone having too many beers in the sun in Florida. What a gig.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
This seems to be a very underrated signing. He’s a Hobey Baker finalist which you can argue makes him a top 10 NCAA player. I looked at numerous “top ncaa free agent” lists and he was nowhere to be seen on any of them. Intriguing signing.

Reactions: Nanuuk

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
This seems to be a very underrated signing. He’s a Hobey Baker finalist which you can argue makes him a top 10 NCAA player. I looked at numerous “top ncaa free agent” lists and he was nowhere to be seen on any of them. Intriguing signing.

I imagine this is partially to do with the fact that he’s turning 25 in July, a lot of the others will be 2-3 years younger

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Can you really argue that though? The way Hobey Baker voting works makes it so that there is pretty much a representative from each conference in the top 10 finalists - this is not a top 10 list.

Like, Morton was 72nd in all of Division 1 in PPG and 60th in P (14 points out of the top 10). He didn’t even lead the CCHA in scoring (4th).

Based on the results from 2 AHL games there may be a case to be made that he’s an under the radar signing, but let’s not say there’s one to be made that he was a top 10 NCAA player.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Scored his first pro goal last night, and it wasn't too shabby. Along with his primary assist in game 1, Sam is off to a good start in his pro career with 2 games and 2 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad