Injury Report: Sam Morin knee injury (Sep. 2021 surgery); Forced to retire (May 3, 2022)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Being an optimist, after Myers signed as an UFA I thought the future of the Flyers blueline looked secure. Morin, Sanheim, Provorov and Myers. They all brought a different skill set that hopefully would complement each other. And then...
This happened...
YxcrUcG.gif

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Patrick is the second overall but develops a crippling migraine disorder that wrecks him as a player. Lindblom is turning into a bonafide star and then gets cancer. Morin is a top ten pick with a superb toolbox to become a real star but turns out to be made of biscuits. F this organisation's luck.

Reactions: BritainStix

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
Patrick is the second overall but develops a crippling migraine disorder that wrecks him as a player. Lindblom is turning into a bonafide star and then gets cancer. Morin is a top ten pick with a superb toolbox to become a real star but turns out to be made of biscuits. F this organisation's luck.
Kate Smith curse

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
CDE81E6F-93BA-461C-8C73-F0CED29ECB8A.png

In an otherwise shit year, which lets be honest we all expected, really the only thing I personally looked forward to was seeing 1) AV fired 2) Cuck and co fired and 3) Sam destroy Wilson. I guess it’s the bit of mouth breather in me.

Only one of those things came true.

Get better soon Sammy! Easy to root for him.

Reactions: renberg

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
"Team will discuss a job in the organization"

oh ffs. sucks that his career ended like this but do the Flyers HAVE to hire every single ex-player? i can't wait to see him added to the player development team. /s

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Morin was not that good. Pump the breaks on that.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is one of those situations where I don't mind them giving a former Flyer a job. He's by every account a hard working, positive thinking 26 year old -- who has only known this organization since he was 18 -- with a high school education whose body is wrecked from the sport. On a human level, this is doing right by someone. Give him a purpose as he transitions to his next chapter. Something like this exists apart from the usual incestuous cronyism, which can cloud things.

What I can't stand is when f***ing guys like Stewart and Schultz, mid-30s guys who earned $22 and $30 million in their careers, have their cup of coffee or two with the team at the end of their careers and turn that into being organization lifers, like Laperrière. The problem isn't Morin; it's the context.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Spot on @Magua , from all accounts Morin, is a great kid and it’s no fault of his that his career ended on such a sad note. He was never gonna be a star, but a 6’7 beast that could have excelled on the pk and played a shutdown role is something any franchise would love to have.

Here’s wishing you nothing but success and happiness, Sam.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly

On some level it shows how bad this team has been for a while, but one of the coolest moments I’ve seen in the last few years was Morin scoring his first NHL goal in the midst of a small Covid crowd and the whole team mobbing him.

The guy worked his butt off and it was a really cool moment.

Edit to add: did not see Magua’s post right before me before posting this. The point remains though.

Reactions: Larry44 and Adtar02

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Poor kid. Was hoping he could still develop into a 3rd pairing defenseman. His goal last season has been one of this team's highlights over the last while.

I usually bag organizations for giving players immediate staff jobs once their playing career is over, but this one I support as long as it makes sense.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Sad for Sam, must be absolutely devastating to have such a career taken away by something out of your control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad