Injury Report: Sam Morin knee injury (Sep. 2021 surgery); Forced to retire (May 3, 2022)

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Morin tearing his ACL twice had nothing to do with the medical staff.
Im not talking about the acl’s, he had surgery to remove loose bodies in his knee and was said to be out 6 to 8 weeks. That was about 4 months ago. Either they were clueless about the recovery time, or the surgery was less than successful. Maybe it’s just bad luck. When was the last time the medical staff got one right? When they had to do a second sports hernia on Hayes cause the first one didn’t fix the issue?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Im not talking about the acl’s, he had surgery to remove loose bodies in his knee and was said to be out 6 to 8 weeks. That was about 4 months ago. Either they were clueless about the recovery time, or the surgery was less than successful. Maybe it’s just bad luck. When was the last time the medical staff got one right? When they had to do a second sports hernia on Hayes cause the first one didn’t fix the issue?
Or it wasn’t true what we were told

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Or it wasn’t true what we were told
Easier to believe that than anything we’ve been told by the flyers medical staff. When the flyers administer a Covid test, I picture a bunch of chimps ripping open test kit boxes with Covid misspelled on them. Maybe that’s why Carter Hart is so frustrated with the Covid policy.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Post operative complications perhaps? It’s odd looking back at the initial tweet by ASP that his career was done, before it was apparently shut down by Sam’s texts to Riley C, to now looking like the report perhaps having been accurate. Perhaps it was simply Sam wanting to ensure he could collect that paycheque and go through the motions with rehab all season when he knew it was unlikely to bring him back to full health?

On another note, as fans we couldn’t even have a single small positive to smile about this season, couldn’t we? He was never going to be more than a #6 or #7 at this point, but I was overjoyed for the guy when he scored that goal last season. Also a top 5 fighter in the league for sure. Just never got to cement himself.

Great character and teammate from all accounts and wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Post operative complications perhaps? It’s odd looking back at the initial tweet by ASP that his career was done, before it was apparently shut down by Sam’s texts to Riley C, to now looking like the report perhaps having been accurate. Perhaps it was simply Sam wanting to ensure he could collect that paycheque and go through the motions with rehab all season when he knew it was unlikely to bring him back to full health?

On another note, as fans we couldn’t even have a single small positive to smile about this season, couldn’t we? He was never going to be more than a #6 or #7 at this point, but I was overjoyed for the guy when he scored that goal last season. Also a top 5 fighter in the league for sure. Just never got to cement himself.

Great character and teammate from all accounts and wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do now.

Every single thing that can go wrong has gone wrong. Every. Single. Thing.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
i dont care about all the negativity. He would be a solid defensive dman for us if he wouldnt be injured all time!

Sam i wish you all the best! If you cant play hockey anymore you will go your way! Keep your head up bro!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I look forward to Sammy's debut as Phantoms coach next season after Lappy graduates to take the reins with the big club.

But seriously, poor Sammy.

sregdoor

Jun 22, 2018
Being an optimist, after Myers signed as an UFA I thought the future of the Flyers blueline looked secure. Morin, Sanheim, Provorov and Myers. They all brought a different skill set that hopefully would complement each other. And then...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad