News: Sam Lafferty to sit tonight for trade-related reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Legitimately think it will be Toronto and I don't know if I want that or not.

Unless It's a bigger deal where Domi or McCabe come with him then that's different because that would add a top 4 D or 3rd line scorer.

But If It's just Lafferty I don't know.

Reactions: Bileur and TimeZone

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Legitimately think it will be Toronto and I don't know if I want that or not.

Unless It's a bigger deal where Domi or McCabe come with him then that's different because that would add a top 4 D or 3rd line scorer.

But If It's just Lafferty I don't know.
All I can say is Lafferty took advantage of his ice time and has been good since the hawks acquired him. Whether he continues it elsewhere who knows.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I remember when maybe one premier player a year would be sat for trade reasons when a trade was imminent. Now sam f'n Lafferty is a prized possession.
When Tampa is willing to pay a premium to get their guy, you have to

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I honestly can’t wrap my head around this dude being a valuable trade piece.

Haven’t paid much attention to him after he left the Penguins. But he was always a 4th line grinder here. Must have really elevated his game in Chicago. Good for him.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Everybody settle down and form a uniform line please. Lafferty may be moving. Please contain your excitement.
I think if the jets were to get him he may end up being our best or second best bottom six player!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I remember when maybe one premier player a year would be sat for trade reasons when a trade was imminent. Now sam f'n Lafferty is a prized possession.

I wouldn't have guessed it would ever be necessary but the league should probably crack down on it somehow at this point

Reactions: Space umpire

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Chicago is doing well churning out all these high end grinders out of nothing. Hagel, Kampf, Lafferty in 2 year span is a nice little pipeline while you’re tanking.

Reactions: EpiPen

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I honestly can’t wrap my head around this dude being a valuable trade piece.

Haven’t paid much attention to him after he left the Penguins. But he was always a 4th line grinder here. Must have really elevated his game in Chicago. Good for him.
He’s mostly a 3rd ish or 4th line grinder here as well. He is a guy (my opinion) teams with a lot of good offensive players needs in their bottom 6. I never watched him in Pittsburgh but he’s been great in the grinder role here. Keeps pressure on the opponent, fast, tough (but not physical) and can score if you take him lightly.
Whoever gets him at 1.15m this year and next is going to be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad