Sam Gagner

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I agree, it's a waste of his skills.

Or you know the mark of a team able to for the first time in years roll 4 NHL centers.

Do you think the Canucks suffered from having malholtra as their 4thline centre?

The good teams have depth and can successfully run 4 lines made up of real NHL players.

2Sedins0Cups

Clever ain't wise.
Jul 29, 2013
Edmonton
Or you know the mark of a team able to for the first time in years roll 4 NHL centers.

Do you think the Canucks suffered from having malholtra as their 4thline centre?

The good teams have depth and can successfully run 4 lines made up of real NHL players.

You are right in that regard. But those same Canucks had the luxury of playing Kesler a lot of the tough minutes as well and strictly used Malholtra for D zone draws against top 3 lines. We don't have a Kesler (maybe Nuge??) to give our 4th line guy nothing but D Zone starts. Gordon will start neutral zone against the other teams 1st or 2nd line as well, which is tougher to justify when you're sending 4th line wingers out with him.

I don't really like Acton yet as a 4th line center so I'm all for Nuge, Gags, Arco, and Gordon down the middle. Just not sure how it's going to work properly utilizing them all.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
You are right in that regard. But those same Canucks had the luxury of playing Kesler a lot of the tough minutes as well and strictly used Malholtra for D zone draws against top 3 lines. We don't have a Kesler (maybe Nuge??) to give our 4th line guy nothing but D Zone starts. Gordon will start neutral zone against the other teams 1st or 2nd line as well, which is tougher to justify when you're sending 4th line wingers out with him.

I don't really like Acton yet as a 4th line center so I'm all for Nuge, Gags, Arco, and Gordon down the middle. Just not sure how it's going to work properly utilizing them all.

I suspect Arcobello becomes 4C and Acton goes to the wing.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I'd be cool with that. See how Pitlick performs though. Obviously Gazdic is going to draw into a lot of games.

He's leading the NHL in Assists and you want to demote him to the 4th line? That's just nuts. Keep Arcobello out there while he's hot. Even if it means giving Gagner less ice time. It's common sense.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
He's leading the NHL in Assists and you want to demote him to the 4th line? That's just nuts. Keep Arcobello out there while he's hot. Even if it means giving Gagner less ice time. It's common sense.
Yep. This way you can ease Gags back into the lineup and see if Arco is legit all at once.

2Sedins0Cups

Clever ain't wise.
Jul 29, 2013
Edmonton

This is if we theoretically ever get healthy. He isn't going anywhere until at least Hall gets back. If he's still ppg then, we got good issues to deal with, instead of bad, finally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad