Sam Gagner Appreciation Thread

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
His wife has a really good job in edmonton I believe, it's home. He will be back for league minimum to be the pressbox guy next year.
That is when he will get to play oiler playoff games (if he draws in at some point)
pitched in a few important goals and filled in where needed this year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I used to be the furthest thing from being a Gagner fan after he got his first big contract. Gained a new appreciation for the player this time around as he definitely dedicated himself to being a mite complete player. You could tell he was really popular and a great teammate as well. Would not be opposed to him being our 13th forward next year on a $750,000 one year deal.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
loved Gags...one of 3 player jerseys I own

it's too bad he never got a chance to play in the playoffs with us but he was too expensive

guy loved playing for the Oilers, I'd take him back at league minimum...seems like a great locker room guy

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Thanks Sam... I’ll always remember that crazy night you scored 8 points against the Hawks, and I’ll never forget “The Gagner” shootout move that gave goalies fits for a few years.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Only damper on an otherwise great day was Sam going the other way.

Gagner needs to see the playoffs with the Oilers. Hope he comes back on a more manageable contract.

Reactions: Tw0Shoes

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Atta boy, Samwise.

Thanks for your passion. Not every Oiler you’ve played with has shared yours. Thanks for not once having mailed it in.

Reactions: Tw0Shoes

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I'm sad to see Sam go, he gave 100% every night and truly seemed like a guy who wanted to be here.

Hope he has a future with the organization, either as a 13th forward at league minimum next year or in the front office. Not a lot of players are willing to reinvent their game and Sam deserves a lot of credit for buying in completely.

Thanks for everything Sam, including that mock celly against the Flames a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Sammy Snowpants turned into Samuel Thunderpants for a few games for us this sesaon. Vicious bugger. Too bad he was a cap casualty for the second time. Hope the org brings him back in some capacity when he retires.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Thanks Sammy, sorry you got shipped out. Try to make the best of your time in Detroit and help out the youngins.

See ya back in beautiful Oilers threads in the fall. We'll all be cheering for you again.

:tvhappy: :edmonton #89

Bangers

May 31, 2006
It's sad that his time is up.

Good soldier and good effort. When he was first drafted, I thought he would turn into a Marc Savard type player, but he was never really able to overcome his physical limitations.

I still remember him getting clobbered by Beauchemin - that took some serious stones.

Hoping he takes a year or two off, but I wouldn't mind him staying involved in hockey in some shape or form. He was always pretty good at being involved with the community.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
His wife has a really good job in edmonton I believe, it's home. He will be back for league minimum to be the pressbox guy next year.
That is when he will get to play oiler playoff games (if he draws in at some point)
pitched in a few important goals and filled in where needed this year.
If by "really good job" you mean doctor at the UofA, then yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad