Speculation: Sam Bennett Trade Talk

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
If he's traded I think we are going to be underwhelmed. The best return we could get is for him to go to a playoff contender for picks/propects like Blake Coleman etc...but as the Flames org actually thinks this team is a solid contender they are going to want a player back so we could see something like
Stepan and a pick for Bennett
shudder ADA and a pick for Bennett shudder
Middlestadt straight up for Bennett

maybe Tre can work his magic and get someone to gamble

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So this pretty well confirms it... Treliving will be making a trade for DeAngelo (likely Sam Bennett). Right now they're probably just haggling over salary retention by NY.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
ADA for Bennett. NYR makes up the salary difference.

Bennett and Ryan for ADA and Howden.

Book that

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
If he goes, I want him nowhere near the North division, or the Pacific division if that comes back.
I don't want to see Sam half a dozen times a season so he can torch us and just add to our misery.
I like Sam, I've always liked him, I know he hasn't brought much to the table, but I think he could turn into something special.
I know everyone has lost their patience for him. I understand every negative thing everyone has to say about him.
Dude is still young and has a lot to learn. I think when something clicks inside his brain he's going to get it and be a great hockey player.
Seems like fans of other teams that are making offers on the trade board are licking their chops to get Sam into their lineup.
His playoff resume is fantastic and to be honest, that's all that matters. We're here to win Stanley Cups, not Presidents Trophys.
I'd like Sam to contribute more in the regular season, but it is what it is. I don't know if he just can't get motivated or what his deal is in the regular season.
So, if he goes, he goes and I want good value coming back.
If he stays I'm good with that too. We all love Bennett in the playoffs, he's a game changer and brings a ton of energy, scoring and momentum every post season shift he's out there.
I'm good with whatever happens, but for me I'd rather him remain a Flame. And please for goodness sakes, if you trade him, send him as far away as you can.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Bennett and Lucic for ADA, 1st, something valuable. Assuming Flames buy out ADA asap
there will be no add on to ADA if Lucic is part of it Calgary might have to add the 1st in that case...
ADA can be bought out for 1/3 in the summer...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hopefully it's vancouver

Brad Trevling owns Benning.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Habs fan here; would Calgary be open to a Bennet + sweetener trade for Philip Danault? Just curious...
You would have to make up the salary difference.

And I am not too excited about it since he is going to be a UFA and the Flames can't resign him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad