Proposal: Sam Bennett to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Please tell me where I'm wrong.

Let me guess Sherback, who is the same age as Bennett has "potential"..... You know the same reason a package like that is not even worth considering for the Flames.

[MOD]

Calling someone who has performed well every time when called up to the NHL a "piss poor goalie prospect" and someone who just started to solidify his spot in the NHL roster last year after destroying the A an "AHLer who can't crack one of the worst rosters in the league" is not exactly truthful.

Scherbak has potential, so does Bennett. If you're suggesting both teams keep their players, that's cool to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Let's do the Ottawa thing.
Montreal's 1st OA for Sam Bennett.

Would be fun having Colorado and Calgary picking at the top of the draft.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Which shows what you know about Bennett is somewhere between zero and none. Your ridiculous hot takes don't piss us off dude, they just make you look like you have no idea what you are talking about. It's amazing that you hate the Flames so much that you are willing to make yourself look stupid just to take your pathetic little jabs.

The fact that you think I'm doing this just to piss off Flames fans indicates an inferiority complexion...

And I like the Flames. I think they are a good team but a bit overrated.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looking at Bennett's stats. He's very underwhelming thus far. Who knows though maybe a fresh start with another team could work for him.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
No he was not . Only fans that are blind would say this . Yakupov was trade for dog crap because that how he played . Let me guess you will argue his rookie season was great . I counter his rookie season was also crap . He put up lots of points over the last 8 games or so once playoff teams were resting their players . Yakubust did not know what the meaning of defence was . Bennett at worst will be a good defensive forward

Is that why Oilers fans wanted multiple first round picks for him?

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
All 3 players are trash tbh, pass from montreal, although sherback and lindgren really arent worth much

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Calgary is in Win now mode so if it is not something that helps that they would be better off keeping Bennett and if he costs too much to re-sign trading his rights in the offseason.
Hi rights will be worth just as much then, maybe even more if he has a solid season

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Guarantee Bennett would be your 1C if he was traded.

Galchenyuk scored 30 goals in the nhl playing center as well as producing decent from the wing and he never got a real shot. No chance Julien would even consider a scrub like Bennett for 1C.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Counteroffer

CGY Sends:
Sam Bennett
Jon Gillies
Conditional 2nd - CGY makes the 2nd round of the playoffs

MTL Sends
Conditional 1st - if Bennett hits 50pts in the next two years
Paul Byron @ 25% retained
Carey Price @ 50% retained

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Exactly. Why would we pay for a worse player than byron when we already have the real deal? Let us know when you're waiving more 20 goal scorers, not when you're trying to dump busts.
1) not a flames fan
2) Bennett's first year he scored 18 in 77 GP, so the potential is there.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
1) not a flames fan
2) Bennett's first year he scored 18 in 77 GP, so the potential is there.

Cool, still no interest.

Not sure why you were trying to make fun of us for picking up a 20 goal scorer off waivers, but you do you man.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Counteroffer

CGY Sends:
Sam Bennett
Jon Gillies
Conditional 2nd - CGY makes the 2nd round of the playoffs

MTL Sends
Conditional 1st - if Bennett hits 50pts in the next two years
Paul Byron @ 25% retained
Carey Price @ 50% retained

Counter:

You delete this proposal and we'll all pretend this didn't happen.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Galchenyuk scored 30 goals in the nhl playing center as well as producing decent from the wing and he never got a real shot. No chance Julien would even consider a scrub like Bennett for 1C.

Considering Bennett would be a better center than Drouin and Domi, I stand by what I said.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Considering Bennett would be a better center than Drouin and Domi, I stand by what I said.
Lol, no he wouldn't. I don't even think Bennett would be a better center than Peca. They guy is horrendous at center. At least Drouin and Domi put up points.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

If I have to choose between having a good player in a role they aren't suited for or a bad play in a role they aren't suited for I'll take the good player.

Once again, no interest in Bennett. You guys seem to like him. Keep him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bennett sucks. Flames can rot with him. I rather not trade Scherbak. He has only played 29 NHL games and I'd like to see a full season sample size before I consider him bust like Bennett. Lindgren is a NHL ready back-up on a great contract. Laval will be better this is and so will Lindgren's AHL stats. Lindgren's NHL stats are very solid... especially on a team that is "nothing without Price"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad