Proposal: Sam Bennett to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Tell me how Bennett is a bust when he and Scherbak are the same age, Scherbak being 6 months older, and Bennett having 212 more games played?

Reactions: Vachon23

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Tell me how Bennett is a bust when he and Scherbak are the same age, Scherbak being 6 months older, and Bennett having 212 more games played?

1) There's more to being a NHL player than attendance

2) scherbak is a really weird bar for being a successful player, he's proven nothing

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
1) There's more to being a NHL player than attendance

2) scherbak is a really weird bar for being a successful player, he's proven nothing

Bennett has proven he can consistently be on a 12 man forward group.

I don’t know what your definition of bust is, but mine is a player that can’t crack an NHL roster, or is at times scratched. Bennett isn’t that, he just simply has not played up to par with his draft pedigree. That’s not a bust, that’s an underwhelming player with not very much trade value.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

I don’t know what your definition of bust is, but mine is a player that can’t crack an NHL roster, or is at times scratched. Bennett isn’t that, he just simply has not played up to par with his draft pedigree. That’s not a bust, that’s an underwhelming player with not very much trade value.
Yeah cuz the flames are bad and cant score. No shit would they put a 3OA pick and hope one day he wakes up. That isnt saying much if all he can do is be a third liner on a bad team.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yeah cuz the flames are bad and cant score. No **** would they put a 3OA pick and hope one day he wakes up. That isnt saying much if all he can do is be a third liner on a bad team.
Have you seen the forwards in front of him? They’re better, there’s nothing wrong with that.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yeah cuz the flames are bad and cant score. No **** would they put a 3OA pick and hope one day he wakes up. That isnt saying much if all he can do is be a third liner on a bad team.

Bennett produces at top six type rates at 5-on-5 despite regularily being lined up with AHLers and 4th liners. I don't really need to defend him but I wouldn't trade him for a single player on the Habs roster without serious retention and that one player with serious retention is Carey Price.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

If a player is at or below their projected floor they are a bust. After Bennett was picked 4th overall if someone said he would put up back to back sub 30 point full seasons you would have said his floor is above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad