Sam Bennett PPG last 11 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I agree regarding Bennett. Monahan is the better centre between the two today.
I don't think Monahan is a 55-60 point player away from Johnny. I think Johnny elevates Monahan; and I think Monahan gets Johnny some extra points too because of that killer shot he has.

It's no slight on Mony, but he's not by any stretch a dominant 1C in this league; at least not today.

Give him Brouwer and Versteeg (like Bennett last year) and I don't think Mony'd crack 50 points playing between those two.

I wouldn't call him dominant right now, but Monahan is a #1 C. If he played with consistency I would happily call him dominant.

To your last point, I disagree. He had 36 playing with David Jones and Curtis Glencross as a rookie, so I would bet he could get north of 50 with those bums too.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You realize Maroon averages 1:30 more than than Ferland in ice time right? And you as usual are grasping at straws trying to make parallels with crappy Oilers players that are not there. Ferland is more than a 3rd liner because he can do this:

and this

Whereas Maroon's skillset is the definition of leeching off his linemates, tapping in rebounds after his linemates do all the work.

You really need to figure out what grasping at straws means. You've made a ton of ridiculous claims in this thread alone, let alone all the ones from the past. Oh look I can post highlights of Maroon too.

1:35

0:22

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
What we need is a "Sam Bennett 3 main board threads in the last 8 weeks" thread to congratulate him on that I dunno what the rest of the leagues Threads/Game count is but Bennett throughout his career has been consistently high on this.

My thoughts on Bennett are that he doesn't have a ton of ability to dictate the pace of a game and instead seems to need to push it and use his speed/explosiveness to generate offense, which is great but I think he's always going to be a little streaky offensively (but there's potential there to be a legitimate top-line scorer). I hope that his tenacity on the puck makes him a strong 2-way player consistently.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Oh look I can post highlights of Maroon too.

*posts a bunch of mediocre plays that 3rd liners make on the regular*

lol

Face it. Your team would trade Maroon for Ferland a billion times over. Ferland has skills that teams covet on their top 6. Maroon just happens to play on his team's top 6 because of a lack of talent.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
lol

Face it. Your team would trade Maroon for Ferland a billion times over.
This is what a post looks like when you have no rebuttal. Yes, I would make that trade because Ferland is younger, faster, and Edmonton is likely to let Maroon walk or will trade him at the deadline if they're out of the playoff race. Doesn't mean he's any more effective than Maroon at this point in their careers.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wouldn't call him dominant right now, but Monahan is a #1 C. If he played with consistency I would happily call him dominant.

To your last point, I disagree. He had 36 playing with David Jones and Curtis Glencross as a rookie, so I would bet he could get north of 50 with those bums too.

Just a note against that argument. He was also a 3C that got a lot of easy zone starts and competition (while having horrid possession metrics, some of that due to Hartley, without questions).

Now, it's hard to do a 'what if' but you'd have to guess he'd have harder competition; and still be used as a 1C (let's pretend Gaudreau didn't sign). Not so sure man. He's a 57-60 point centre (until this year, I'm not sure where he'll be this year) playing with the most skilled Flame in a few decades and one of the most talented players in the league. Take away 10-20 tap-ins Gaudreau creates for him a season... and I'm not sure what you have.

I like Mony, I think he's a good player... I'm just not sure what he is outside of Johnny.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
This is what a post looks like when you have no rebuttal. Yes, I would make that trade because Ferland is younger, faster, and Edmonton is likely to let Maroon walk or will trade him at the deadline if they're out of the playoff race. Doesn't mean he's any more effective than Maroon at this point in their careers.

There is no need to rebut a post where you're posting pedestrian Maroon highlights that barely register on the Joe Colborne meter, to counter Ferland's elite skills. You're just grasping at so many straws. Which is par for the course when it comes to Oilers fans in Flames threads looking for attention.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
There is no need to rebut a post where you're posting pedestrian Maroon highlights that barely register on the Joe Colborne meter, to counter Ferland's elite skills. You're just grasping at so many straws. Which is par for the course when it comes to Oilers fans in Flames threads looking for attention.
Right, because a couple good one-timers are better than plays that Maroon created all on his own (something you said he was incapable of doing). Arguing with you is futile, that much is obvious. Its hard to argue with insanity. Could literally write a 10 page essay on all the outlandish claims or predictions you've made on this site. You know its bad when your own fanbase is irritated by you and thinks you're bat shit crazy.

Carry on.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

LOL

Reactions: McFlyingV

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I really can't see how there is any argument when one guy has as many goals as the other guys has points. That same guy has career totals of 353-124-123-247 vs. 206-34-32-64 and is younger.

Ferlands career numbers in 200+ games are similar to a season for Monahan and yet you think they are carried equally? Monahan without Gaudreau even in the league put up a 22-12-34 season as a rookie 18/19 year old which is better than any season Ferland has had as a 25 year old and yet he is getting carried as much as Ferland.

Monahan has close to double the points this year, had more than double the points last year and yet they are carried equally?

It is laughable to suggest that Ferland isn't getting carried a ton more than anyone else on that line.

Might as well put Brouwer back on the line with Johnny and Monahan so they can carry him around like they are carrying Ferland. The line is successful because each player on that line pulls their own weight in their own way (play style).Stats are nice and all, but in the end if the team doesn't win it doesn't matter. Ferland is a big piece of the first line.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
lol

Face it. Your team would trade Maroon for Ferland a billion times over. Ferland has skills that teams covet on their top 6. Maroon just happens to play on his team's top 6 because of a lack of talent.

Patrick Maroon is 29, makes $1.5M and is UFA at the end of the year. Ferland makes $1.75M for this year and next, and is 25. Ferland has 28 goals going back to the start of last season, and Maroon in that time frame has 36. Maroon is a little more mature, and spent a lot of time with McDavid and Draisaitl last year. Do I think Ferland can replicate Maroon's 25+ goals and 40+ points playing with Monahan and Gaudreau? Why not, he's crushing it.

Don't act like there's an ocean of difference between Maroon and Ferland. As of today, Micheal Ferland's best year is four points worse than Maroon's third best.

Would they trade Maroon for Ferland? Yes, because Ferland four years younger and signed for an extra year at 250K more. It doesn't mean Ferland is Cam Neely.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
This thread was way less terrible when it was about Bennett. Can you guys PM your squabbles about players that aren't Bennett?

Bennett is good when he's feeling it, I'm really interested in how badly he'll stumble when he droughts next.

Reactions: Steven

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad