Proposal: Sam Bennett for Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Sam Bennett + for Josh Anderson.

What would the Flames need to add? Anderson has had the better career thus far, so likely the Flames would need to add. Both admittedly not having their best seasons. Flames depth pushed Sam Bennett down to the 4th line last season and has carried over to this season and he's clearly not happy about that right now. But the former 4th overall pick still has untapped offensive potential, is more effective in the playoffs and can hit like a truck.

I wonder if both could benefit from a change of scenery.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
isn't that what Lucic and Rinaldo bring?

Aren't they 30 or older? Im keeping Bennett until he asks for a trade or asks for more than 3M a year, hes worth his money, i believe he will find himself sooner rather than later, im hoping next season he breaks out

Reactions: Nanuuk

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Bennett brings much more to our team than any other team will offer in a trade, you want him, attempt to sign an offer sheet, thats the best i can say to any team looking to "grab him" from us.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Aren't they 30 or older? Im keeping Bennett until he asks for a trade or asks for more than 3M a year, hes worth his money, i believe he will find himself sooner rather than later, im hoping next season he breaks out

"hoping he breaks out next season" - the autobiography of Sam Bennett.
I agree with you though that the flames should hold onto him untill is salary demands grow, or he asks to be out. However I will add one more, if they can use him to aquire a key piece or a team comes knocking with and overpay.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I agree with you though that the flames should hold onto him untill is salary demands grow, or he asks to be out. However I will add one more, if they can use him to aquire a key piece or a team comes knocking with and overpay.

Everyone would prefer seeing their prospect breakout on their team and not another team, if a team were to offer a mid 1st(12-18) i would think about it, if they were to offer a young rhd that is having troubles on his team but looks solid enough to stick in the NHL, most teams would try to use Bennett like we are but hes not really a good fit on our top 2 lines, so he's been on the 3rd and 4th line because he continues to improve his all around game, but until he starts scoring more hes sticking on the 3rd/4th lines i honestly think he should be tried with Chucky-Lind-Bennett, or maybe Bennett-Backlund-Dube could be a decent line, but he seems to be blowing his chances here left and right.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No, it's '18 yrs old Sam Bennett'

Reactions: travis scott

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Sam Bennett + for Josh Anderson.

What would the Flames need to add? Anderson has had the better career thus far, so likely the Flames would need to add. Both admittedly not having their best seasons. Flames depth pushed Sam Bennett down to the 4th line last season and has carried over to this season and he's clearly not happy about that right now. But the former 4th overall pick still has untapped offensive potential, is more effective in the playoffs and can hit like a truck.

I wonder if both could benefit from a change of scenery.

Flames have to add a Dillon Dube or Andrew Mangiapane to even move the needle here, and still not enough to draw interest.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
In my opinion if Sam Bennett was given the 17/18 minutes a game that Anderson has received over the past two years he would easily eclipse or match the totals Anderson has put up. The one season in his career that Bennett averaged over 15 minutes (as a rookie) he scored 18 goals and 36 points. This trade won't happen as Columbus would ask for more coming back (or a different piece all together), but it would be a deal that would work out far better for them than would be perceived initially - especially around here.

Reactions: qwerty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad