Sam Allardyce exposed re: bribery/agents/corruption, more managers to follow

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The plot densens: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs†in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’â€

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledonâ€. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.â€

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the tillâ€. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cashâ€.

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.â€

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the numberâ€, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.â€

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.â€

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payrollâ€. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.â€

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

I'm sure we can only speculate as to their identities!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
One of the improprieties is probably going to get West Ham investigated (Ravel Morrison loan). So, probably not.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
watching the sports here in the UK it was funny seeing two of the talking heads talk

Talking head 1 "How could he be so stupid?"
Talking head 2 "Greed-he has always been very greedy"

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Worst thing about all this is that Sunderland will fire Moyes and hire Big Sam in the near future and avoid relegation again.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Worst thing about all this is that Sunderland will fire Moyes and hire Big Sam in the near future and avoid relegation again.
Thought the same, still hoping he'll never get a job in football again. On the other hand, the Daves sacking Bilic and rehiring BFS would be even worse.
Pretty sure there'll be another Telegraph story about the other managers before the weekend..

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Stories coming out now.

Leeds United owner tried to sell off a piece of the club to agents.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was caught setting up a third party scheme. Currently QPR manager.

Barnsley assistant manager busted taking a bung.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
All rumors at this point but there seems to be a lot of confidence some of the managers involved in this are Redknapp, Warnock, Bruce and Hughes

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Roy Hodgson is about the most boring person English football has ever produced. He's not involved.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
If Roy lasted as long as he did in the England job, I'd imagine he's as clean as a preacher's sheets.

Yeah, given how getting an England manager sacked for off-the-field reasons is the holy grail for all English sportswriters (Venables, Hoddle, now Allardyce) it's fair to say that they couldn't find anything on him

All rumors at this point but there seems to be a lot of confidence some of the managers involved in this are Redknapp, Warnock, Bruce and Hughes

Given how wherever he went Redknapp would buy and sell a ridiculous amount of players and build up enourmous squads with huge wage bills, I've long thought that he's been involved in dodgy dealings with agents. But tbh, who is surprised by any of this? I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. Managers and players and agents breaking the rules (and the law) isn't the exception, it's the ones who play by the rules who will be the exception.

My brother in law is good friends with a top football agent, he (the agent) says most football agents are criminals, or are in cahoots with organised criminals (it's how he got his first job, he was working in the media and an England international he was friends with hired him because he knew he was "straight". And this was 20 years ago).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad