Sam Allardyce exposed re: bribery/agents/corruption, more managers to follow

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
-He's not wrong that there are ways to circumvent rules against third party ownership and it still persists.

-Third party ownership is still hugely problematic. Gangs of investors buying up South American players, driving up transfer prices, for which fans ultimately foot a huge part of the bill in the form of ticket prices or cable packages. I'd rather players stayed in South America than the sport facing inflation through parasites who contribute absolutely nothing to the sport.

-Big Sam is popular in the Far East? ROFL. Also, he compares getting money for speaking gigs or singing at weddings to getting money for promoting circumvention of FA rules by which he is supposed to abide? Lovely. Capitalizing on your celebrity isn't the problem, *******. It's promoting dubious or illegal activity.

-Didn't know what bungs were before.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
-He's not wrong that there are ways to circumvent rules against third party ownership and it still persists.

-Third party ownership is still hugely problematic. Gangs of investors buying up South American players, driving up transfer prices, for which fans ultimately foot a huge part of the bill in the form of ticket prices or cable packages. I'd rather players stayed in South America than the sport facing inflation through parasites who contribute absolutely nothing to the sport.

-Big Sam is popular in the Far East? ROFL. Also, he compares getting money for speaking gigs or singing at weddings to getting money for promoting circumvention of FA rules by which he is supposed to abide? Lovely. Capitalizing on your celebrity isn't the problem, *******. It's promoting dubious or illegal activity.

-Didn't know what bungs were before.

What is a bung? I'm a little lost on that part.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yes, please sack him. For the rest of history the record will show him as the only England manager with a 100% record.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I know I'd want a man who drinks pints of wine in charge of my country's football team, regardless of what human rights-circumventing schemes he endorsed

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Adam Lallana

The only player ever to score under Allardyce's regime.

Who was runner up when Fat Sam was hired? Klinsmann?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, is anyone shocked?

I'm a bit shocked that he was caught on tape, but I'm not quite shocked it occurs.

Top level football is corrupt. Water is wet. That's the main point this is showing.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
This week should be interesting.

Over the coming days the Telegraph will detail how:

-The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”

-Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers

-Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce

-Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it

-A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I mean, is anyone shocked?

I'm a bit shocked that he was caught on tape, but I'm not quite shocked it occurs.

Top level football is corrupt. Water is wet. That's the main point this is showing.

Well I at least never imagined that or how managers would be implicated in the corruption.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad