Confirmed with Link: Salvador Named Next Devils' Captain

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
CONGRATS TO SAL!

ps
can people stop talking about Josefsson like this until he actually produces in the NHL?

I'm not implying Josefsson has produced mate. I'm just a fan of them since they played in SEL and went to Devils, i'd wish to see him produce and grab the C, that's all!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i like. wouldve also been ok with kovy but sal is a great choice :yo:

nhl_g_salvador_b1_600.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
****en terrible decision by DeBoer.

Not only that he overlooked the best candidate, i'm most disappointed that we will be practically forced to play him over the next 2-3 seasons. Who's to say that Salvador will continue to outplay on merit Adam Larsson next year. I'll say that is highly unlikely but you're not going to healthy scratch your captain.

It also irks me that Salvador was not even in your best 3 leaders last season then all of a sudden he jumps 2 people in the queue to get the captains role. A big slap in the face to Elias and Kovalchuk.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Elias doesn't want the C. If he did they would have gave him the C last year. No one is saying Salvador will outplay Larsson I don't think. He can still be captain if he's a bottom pairing guy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That spinebuster on JVR was incredible! I think he was running Marty earlier that game, and Bryce ****in gave him the spinebuster!:laugh:

Wyrmidon

Mar 5, 2011
New Haven, CT
Good choice. Surprised it didn't go to one of Kovy or Zajac with the contracts they're signed to, but I like the choice.

The real question here is do any of you think we can trade Jansen straight up for who ever will be our captain when Sal retires?

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I don't get all the hate. Brodeur and Elias openly endorsed Sal, going as far back as last season. These guys have been with the team the longest, I think they know what they're talking about.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
As long as the players are OK with it, I'm OK with it. Based on comments throughout last year and this year, I have to say they all respect Sal as a player and leader

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Playing for 2 teams makes you a journeyman?

I guess Kovy is a journeyman too.

Kovy's in his 20s and will be a Devil for another decade or so. Sal's pushin' close to 40 and will be retired in a few years.

Kovy played for one NHL team before us, Sal played for two. Kovy played 8 years with the Thrashers, while Sal's not really identifiable with any team. Kovy is far from a journeyman. Sal is far from getting his number raised at the Rock.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I would rank the captain choices as #1 Elias, #2 Kovy, and #3 Sal. Elias didnt want it. Kovy only been a devil for 2 full season. And I like Sal and think he will be a great captain for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad