Recalled/Assigned: Salomäki and StÃ¥lberg Recalled | Salomäki Reassigned

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
But that's not bizarre. That's the reason that both were called up. Neal was going to be iffy and we had no extras with Beck going to IR.

But, IF Neal was good to go, the two callups would have been eating from the buffet in the Staples Center Visiting Press Room :) There were just a bunch of posts talking about Salomaki getting a recall, and it was fairly apparent he was not actually going to play (at least today.) Once Neal became a no-go, it was easy to project Stalberg in, and his +2 on the first three goals means he'd play tomorrow if Neal is not back, and if Neal IS back, he might still play and a guy like Bourque could draw out.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
But, IF Neal was good to go, the two callups would have been eating from the buffet in the Staples Center Visiting Press Room :) There were just a bunch of posts talking about Salomaki getting a recall, and it was fairly apparent he was not actually going to play (at least today.) Once Neal became a no-go, it was easy to project Stalberg in, and his +2 on the first three goals means he'd play tomorrow if Neal is not back, and if Neal IS back, he might still play and a guy like Bourque could draw out.

Regardless I'd like to see him get a chance in place of Jokinen, but against the Ducks, not sure that happens. Maybe against the Hurricanes.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Lol what? So basically even if Salomaki had a hat-trick the management knew he was only getting this one game.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Lol what? So basically even if Salomaki had a hat-trick the management knew he was only getting this one game.

It's not like he was really any better than Beck has been. He's much younger and doesn't have to pass through waivers, I don't see the big deal here. He'll likely have a shot to become a full time NHLer next year.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
It's not like he was really any better than Beck has been. He's much younger and doesn't have to pass through waivers, I don't see the big deal here. He'll likely have a shot to become a full time NHLer next year.

of course. it's a numbers game, and until GMDP clears out a couple of forwards, Salomaki gets to be a 21 year old gaining pro experience in the AHL. The good news is that if he needs to come up again, he knows he can deliver in a pinch

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think we have multiple guys who are just as ready as Salomäki, Beck, Jarnkrok, or Forsberg. Obviously they are all at different skill levels, but I think it's time to see these guys up because at a certain point playing younger inferior competition can only push you so far.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Salomaki will get his shot next year or later if we get more injuries. Tells Poile that he's ready and will influence what he does in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad