Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Free-Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Still hoping Pens are in on Hakanpaa since I never hear any rumors about that guy.

Dumo-Letang
Matheson-Marino
POJ-Hakanpaa

Guessing we still go after Des from Ana and perhaps someone like Ritchie or a Tanev replacement in Mikheyev, although there is still a chance Pens could trade for Tanev at 50%.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
WOW Fleury deal not done with Hawks....I hope we are not stopping it...that nut Ryan Wilson from HockeyBuzz said.. we should save Feury from being traded to the Hawks....!!

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Keep in mind this team has been a first round exit three years in a row. Why is it this nonsense of a cup contender still around? I am starting the retool and still put a good team on the ice. But Hextall is in a tough spot for sure. Getting picks for Letang and satisfying his desire to maybe play for his home town rather than sign him for some extension for a declining player or lose him for nothing is what I would do.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
There just may be hope for us yet. Maybe we are NOT just going to do the obvious move and rehash old players just because. Very happy we did not take on Fleury.

I actually think both Holtby and Jones would be good tandem partners for Jarry. They have a lot to prove this season, that is what we want. They also have a track record, so Jarry would feel threatened by them...something that will never happen with DeSmith.

My first choice is still Jaroslav Halak, though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There just may be hope for us yet. Maybe we are NOT just going to do the obvious move and rehash old players just because. Very happy we did not take on Fleury.

I actually think both Holtby and Jones would be good tandem partners for Jarry.
They have a lot to prove this season, that is what we want. They also have a track record, so Jarry would feel threatened by them...something that will never happen with DeSmith.

My first choice is still Jaroslav Halak, though.

Freaking yikes :laugh:

You legitimately think that freaking Holtby and Jones are better options to trade for than Fleury?

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Freaking yikes :laugh:

You legitimately think that freaking Holtby and Jones are better options to trade for than Fleury?

Neither of those two are coming anywhere near $7 million, so absolutely.

Fleury is flavor of the month right now...Holtby was insanely good in 2018...which is around the last time most of our top guys were great.

I am talking about cheap deals with either of those guys...1 year, prove it contracts. Why not?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the Avs are trading for Kuemper, which is really interesting because it makes Grubauer an option in free agency.

Grubauer apparently wants 6x6 and the Avs won't go above 5x5. If the Penguins can line up a Jarry trade first, I'd be fine with going 5.5-6 with term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad