Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
What basis do you have for believing it's false? That is a completely reasonable suggestion, you're just trying to act woke to say that it's false and you can obviously see through it.

I don’t know if it’s false. I do know it’s convenient. Timing especially.

It’s also from a dude whose reporting has been so bad that he has previously been told to go sell ice cream.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What basis do you have for believing it's false? That is a completely reasonable suggestion, you're just trying to act woke to say that it's false and you can obviously see through it.

What basis do you have for believing it's true? It's completely reasonable to suggest that Rossi has been both vastly incorrect and used as a mouthpiece in the past. You're just choosing to believe him in this case because it suits your narrative.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
edit: nm not worth

Awe, bruh, you can always talk to me!

Im not going to pretend that either side is innocent on this. That said, its quite clear that Kessel is causing issues not only between him and Sully but now we are finding out its branching out to other star players. Regardless of how well he's done for us or how many points he puts up, sometimes you just need to move on.

People reading this and absolving Phil of wrongdoing are sinking their heads into the sands at astounding depths.

There are issues. Trade the man and be done. That said, Phil...they clearly do not want you anymore. You're not waiting out the coach. Neither Sid nor Geno want to play with you and you dont want to be on the 3rd line. Accept the situation and go. Just go. Will it be a win for either side? No. But sometimes you have to lose to win.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
He's partial to his iron man streak, we've seen that reported in the past. If he's not performing on the ice or in the room as expected, sit him.
I'm in the camp that believes Phil had a greater negative impact in our on ice play vs positive impact. His complete lack of physical game/board effort/defensive effort is grating. I could see where as a teammate you'd initially be able to look past those characteristics and accept him for who he is, but after several seasons I could see where that would get on teammates' nerves. This past year those characteristics were on full display (IMO), to the point where I was surprised he didn't get benched.
The gambling stuff is a bunch of fluff, its an excuse, we've seen teams all over the league use the same sort of tactics with players. Unnecessary yes, but for one reason or another teams always revert to it. Dougie Hamilton is a prime example, so what if the guy like Museums.

Reactions: Dominance

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Awe, bruh, you can always talk to me!

Im not going to pretend that either side is innocent on this. That said, its quite clear that Kessel is causing issues not only between him and Sully but now we are finding out its branching out to other star players. Regardless of how well he's done for us or how many points he puts up, sometimes you just need to move on.

People reading this and absolving Phil of wrongdoing are sinking their heads into the sands at astounding depths.

There are issues. Trade the man and be done. That said, Phil...they clearly do not want you anymore. You're not waiting out the coach. Neither Sid nor Geno want to play with you and you dont want to be on the 3rd line. Accept the situation and go. Just go. Will it be a win for either side? No. But sometimes you have to lose to win.

I wasn't going to say anything directly "to" you. I was just going to counter one specific thing in the article, but I'm not interested in supporting it with anything, so I'm dropping it. I just feel pretty confident that at least one thing written in that article is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% false.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
He's partial to his iron man streak, we've seen that reported in the past. If he's not performing on the ice or in the room as expected, sit him.
I'm in the camp that believes Phil had a greater negative impact in our on ice play vs positive impact. His complete lack of physical game/board effort/defensive effort is grating. I could see where as a teammate you'd initially be able to look past those characteristics and accept him for who he is, but after several seasons I could see where that would get on teammates' nerves. This past year those characteristics were on full display (IMO), to the point where I was surprised he didn't get benched.
The gambling stuff is a bunch of fluff, its an excuse, we've seen teams all over the league use the same sort of tactics with players. Unnecessary yes, but for one reason or another teams always revert to it. Dougie Hamilton is a prime example, so what if the guy like Museums.

I disagree with nearly 100% of your post outside of "so what if the guy likes museums".

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I wasn't going to say anything directly "to" you. I was just going to counter one specific thing in the article, but I'm not interested in supporting it with anything, so I'm dropping it. I just feel pretty confident that at least one thing written in that article is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% false.
tell us moar

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don’t know if it’s false. I do know it’s convenient. Timing especially.

It’s also from a dude whose reporting has been so bad that he has previously been told to go sell ice cream.

Ill respond to that by asking two things:

1. What is the right time to discuss it? If this was happening all season, when is the appropriate time for the org to address it?

2. If this came out in December, does this change the sentiment?

The organization clearly knows its happening. It could be a big reason they want him moved. Is that wrong? Hey Phil, no one wants to play with you, your attitude sucks, and now its leeching out to other players....we want you gone. Why is that wrong? Now with that, what makes its any more wrong or right as to when the fan base is brought up to speed? My feelings would be the same in December, April, or late June / July.

If the guy is an issue (as reported multiple times), trade him. Easy. This article didn't move the needle for me.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

1. What is the right time to discuss it? If this was happening all season, when is the appropriate time for the org to address it?

The organization clearly knows its happening. It could be a big reason they want him moved. Is that wrong? Hey Phil, no one wants to play with you, your attitude sucks, and now its leeching out to other players....we want you gone. Why is that wrong? Now with that, what makes its any more wrong or right as to when the fan base is brought up to speed? My feelings would be the same in December, April, or late June / July.

If the guy is an issue (as reported multiple times), trade him. Easy. This article didn't move the needle for me.

Phil isn't an "issue", their faith in Sully is the real issue. I'm betting the Pens fire him around Christmas, only upside of that will be another cup next spring.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Phil isn't an "issue", their faith in Sully is the real issue. I'm betting the Pens fire him around Christmas, only upside of that will be another cup next spring.

If Phil is adamant about playing in the top 6 and sulky when not, that's an issue regardless of coach, particularly if the thing about Geno not wanting him on the line is true (I have no idea whether it is tbf).

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I hate to pull the "watch the game" line because its weak, but having watched this past season, Kessel is indeed an issue for me. We can agree to disagree though.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

By timing I mean more about this report being released after Kessel refused to waive his NTC. Also likely after JR realized he can’t find a deal with somebody on Kessel’s 8 team list.

I’d find this report convenient if everything involving Kessel had played out in the same manner 6 months ago.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hate to pull the "watch the game" line because its weak, but having watched this past season, Kessel is indeed an issue for me. We can agree to disagree though.

Obviously last year the entire 2nd line outside of 2 weeks was a problem. I'm just pointing the finger at the coach rather than the players.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Also, I think some stuff was left out of the description of that article:

I don't know if Kessel is ghosting the Athletic or if he's ghosting management, it's really bad if he's doing the latter.

Replace POJ with Fischer and make that 1st lottery protected and I think that's ultimately what the deal ends up being.

Take a shot for every typo and grammatical error in that Rossi "post" unbelievable this shit goes up like this. HAHA And people PAY for this crap!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Also, I think some stuff was left out of the description of that article:

I don't know if Kessel is ghosting the Athletic or if he's ghosting management, it's really bad if he's doing the latter.

Replace POJ with Fischer and make that 1st lottery protected and I think that's ultimately what the deal ends up being.

I read that as he's ghosting the Athletic. I doubt he's ghosting management.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I despise Kessel the hockey player. I don't care about the poker playing; our organization's weird fixation with that is quite off-putting. OMG he got Jake into poker...well Jake just put up a tremendous season. Bizarre.

Hope Phil waives.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I despise Kessel the hockey player. I don't care about the poker playing; our organization's weird fixation with that is quite off-putting. OMG he got Jake into poker...well Jake just put up a tremendous season. Bizarre.

Hope Phil waives.

As a poker player myself, I don't like these insinuations about poker being or leading to nefarious conduct! It's better than video games...I approve Phil...

[this message approved by Steve Wynn and the Nevada Gaming Commission]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad