Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: Does it even Maatta? The defense is still absolute Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Guentzel - Crosby - Kahun
Lee - Malkin - Zucker
Mccaan - Bjugstad - Kap
Simon - TB - Zar

Offer sheet Kap @ 4.2
Kessel for Zucker
Sign lee @ 6 million
Rust for picks or Rust/JJ for a cap dump to Ottawa?

Dumo - Letang
Pedds - Schultz
Riik - Gudbranson
Ruh/JJ

81.65 million. Fits the cap and we look better on all 3 top lines. If we did dump JJ we could get another 3.25 million.

We're not doing offer sheets (and I suspect they trade Kapanen before that, or match and then trade), and Lee's going nowhere for 6m.

Reactions: JackFr

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
giphy.gif

Totes! My favorite part of the Lion King is when they killed all the kings and established a radically Maoist agrarian society.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yeah, looking at the cap situation either JR signs Petts for a steal of a deal or we're going to have to make a move. I think it'll be close enough that they could wait for a deal to pop up at some point this Summer. Worst comes to worst, they could conceivably get under the cap by burying JJ in WBS or by only carrying 22 players but I don't think that would be more than a very temporary move to buy some time.

Sam Adams

Jun 19, 2019
Trade Letang. Someone will take him with JJ and still give up good talent in return.

Package Letang Kessel and JJ for:

1. both Colo 1sts and a blue chip prospect. Kessel looks like a stoner so hed probably accept
2. Or Letang and JJ for the 4th oa. Just dumped
3. All 3 to Chicago for Saad and 3rd oa or 3rd oa and 2020 1st
4. Kessel to Chicago for Saad or 3rd oa

We also need to set the stage for expansion draft and have players protected and figure out value but we hope are taken.

Supposedly Kessels NMC exemption list is: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Toronto, NY Rangers, Boston, Chicago, LA, Washington, Minnesota

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
1. both Colo 1sts and a blue chip prospect. Kessel looks like a stoner so hed probably accept
2. Or Letang and JJ for the 4th oa. Just dumped
3. All 3 to Chicago for Saad and 3rd oa or 3rd oa and 2020 1st

This isn’t nhl 19.

1. Colorado can’t afford the bring in 18 million in cap. They also don’t need letang. They don’t go near that.
2. Colorado still says no and why are the penguins getting rid of there only proem puck moving Dmen anyways.
3. Chicago can’t afford the 12 mil in cap. They want to get younger not older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad