Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | GM Working the Phones Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
As @Richard would say.....hold on to your butts!

I wonder if a trade isn’t done soon does that mean JR is looking at coaches first?

I think it probably means he can't find one he likes but who knows by this point?

@Peat, myself and maybe a couple others said last season that Brassard wasn't a need, and that they should be looking at someone else. Everyone else just salivated over having that elite 3rd line. Maybe we can still get that... but we've never really seen that out of him. Granted he hasn't been all that healthy here, but I still see it and can't help but look at it is as a less than ideal fit. Mind you with Sheahan sucking it up, I'm not sure how many options we have either way.

Eh, I simultaneously doubted the wisdom of it while salivating over the possibilities tbf.

But yes, felt very much greed not need and an overkill trade move. I remain optimistic about it though.

And Jack Johnson's recent form is someone who can perform decently well in a top pair role with Letang :laugh:

I just don't agree and I don't consider Maatta and Cullen at all comparable in this discussion. Cullen has had a few good games in terms of not getting scored on after starting out the season horrendous, but he hasn't looked good recently. Maatta has been pretty consistently good at not being scored on for years.

Well, yes, yes he is :laugh:

Eh, I mainly brought up Cullen because you mentioned him in your post.

But in terms of comparison? Honestly, I think they compare pretty well as guys who are proven contributors whose numbers suggest they're not playing complete garbage right now, but where most people think they are. Guys being judged on their negatives and who they're being perceived to keep out of the line up rather than the whole picture.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Here is all I have to say... if they are abandoning team speed they better grab some high percentage shooters then... dupuis types sure do generate chances but when you have a bunch of top end playmakers it’s probably better to have snipers than speedsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad