Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1. C Dylan Larkin - 6.1M
2. W Jakub Vrana - 5.25M
3. W Tyler Bertuzzi - 4.75M
4. C Pius Suter - 3.25M
5. RW Oskar Sundqvist - 2.75M
6. W Adam Erne - 2.1M
7. W FIlip Zadina - RFA - 1.5M (estimate)
8. C Michael Rasmussen - 1.46M
9. RW Lucas Raymond - 925k
10. C Joe Veleno - 894k
11. W Elmer Söderblom - 878k
12. C Mitchell Stephens - 775k (estimate)
13. W Givani Smith - 750k

1. RD Moritz Seider - 925k
2. RD Filip Hronek - 4.4M
3. LD Jordan Oesterle - 1.35M
4. LD Jake Walman - 975k (estimate)
5. LD Simon Edvinsson - 925k
6. RD Gustav Lindström - 850k
-------------------
7. pakki Eemil Viro / Albert Johansson - 820-822k

1. Alex Nedejkovic - 3.0M
2. Sebastian Cossa - 894k

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Suter - Vrana
Söderblom - Veleno - Zadina
Erne - Rasmussen - Sundqvist
(Smith, Stephens)

Edvinsson - Seider
Oesterle - Hronek
Walman - Lindström
(Viro/Johansson)

Nedeljkovic
(Cossa)

After this, you have 28,8 million to spend.

Reactions: bedtime20

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings can add:

Filip Forsberg for 9.2M - 7 years
Vincent Trocheck - 5.9M - 4 years
John Klingberg - 6.8M - 6 years
Alex Edler - 3.7M - 2 years
Ville Husso - 3.7M - 2 years

And still have 3.9M in cap space. Making a trade like sending Suter away, they cold sign another 7M player.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Red Wings can add:

And still have 3.9M in cap space. Making a trade like sending Suter away, they cold sign another 7M player.
I hope they'd be dumping Hronek's now redundant cap hit if they manage to snag Klingberg.

Reactions: Henkka

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Red Wings can add:

Sign Klingberg and trade Hronek, This team would at least be a bubble team. Perhaps the 2nd wildcard.

Reactions: Henkka

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
1. C Dylan Larkin - 6.1M
2. W Jakub Vrana - 5.25M
3. W Tyler Bertuzzi - 4.75M
4. C Pius Suter - 3.25M
5. RW Oskar Sundqvist - 2.75M
6. W Adam Erne - 2.1M
7. W FIlip Zadina - RFA - 1.5M (estimate)
8. C Michael Rasmussen - 1.46M
9. RW Lucas Raymond - 925k
10. C Joe Veleno - 894k
11. W Elmer Söderblom - 878k
12. C Mitchell Stephens - 775k (estimate)
13. W Givani Smith - 750k

1. RD Moritz Seider - 925k
2. RD Filip Hronek - 4.4M
3. LD Jordan Oesterle - 1.35M
4. LD Jake Walman - 975k (estimate)
5. LD Simon Edvinsson - 925k
6. RD Gustav Lindström - 850k
-------------------
7. pakki Eemil Viro / Albert Johansson - 820-822k

1. Alex Nedejkovic - 3.0M
2. Sebastian Cossa - 894k

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Suter - Vrana
Söderblom - Veleno - Zadina
Erne - Rasmussen - Sundqvist
(Smith, Stephens)

Edvinsson - Seider
Oesterle - Hronek
Walman - Lindström
(Viro/Johansson)

Nedeljkovic
(Cossa)

After this, you have 28,8 million to spend.
Need a goalie as there is zero chance Cossa is on the team.

Reactions: Snuggs

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Husso or Campbell ?

Not interested much of others available.
I actually think Campbell would be a decent pick up. I wouldn't say he's a bonafide starter but a solid 1b for sure. I don't think Ned can handle playing 50-60 games quite yet

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I actually think Campbell would be a decent pick up. I wouldn't say he's a bonafide starter but a solid 1b for sure. I don't think Ned can handle playing 50-60 games quite yet

NHL is so much faster nowadays (more shots, higher shot tempo), that you have to build 1a/1b tandem, both equally legit. Clear starter would get injured.

Campbell will be tricky option because his value seems to be at 5.5M when Husso is more at 3.5-4.5 range. Depending heavily of the term.

3-4 year would be optimal, when Cossa is starting to knock the door. There would still be years left to have some value on a trade. Not just lose UFA for free.

4-year deal, 2 years NMC, last 2 years NTC limiting 16 teams etc.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
trades.png

lines.png

This is something I posted before but I think this is a team that could do some damage and start pushing Boston down the standings.

Maybe instead of trading for Gourde have Copp play on the 2nd line and look for another 3rd line center. This season Nick Paul has impressed the hell out of me and I think he would be a more than idea 3C for this team if Copp or Trocheck is the 2C.

I'd also look at changing the Zadina/Hronek to Edmonton trade for Puljujarvi, Kassian and a 2nd. Puljujarvi would fill in the spot where I had signed Nichushkin as the big 2nd line W. Kassian could play on the 4th or ride the pine. He's not good for much else these days.

Attachments

• lines.png
    lines.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 4

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
View attachment 558027
View attachment 558029

This is something I posted before but I think this is a team that could do some damage and start pushing Boston down the standings.

Maybe instead of trading for Gourde have Copp play on the 2nd line and look for another 3rd line center. This season Nick Paul has impressed the hell out of me and I think he would be a more than idea 3C for this team if Copp or Trocheck is the 2C.

I'd also look at changing the Zadina/Hronek to Edmonton trade for Puljujarvi, Kassian and a 2nd. Puljujarvi would fill in the spot where I had signed Nichushkin as the big 2nd line W. Kassian could play on the 4th or ride the pine. He's not good for much else these days.
I'm 100% for grabbing free agents and ship off as many guys as we can for as many picks as possible. If we sign a winger, center and dman then we can deal Bert and Hronek and try to grab multiple firsts next year.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
View attachment 558027
View attachment 558029

Hronek+Zadina+Fabbri+Suter+4th for Gourde+2nd+3rd+5th

That would be so horribly bad.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hronek+Zadina+Fabbri+Suter+4th for Gourde+2nd+3rd+5th

That would be so horribly bad.

Not really. Zadina is looking like a bust. Hronek is a liability in his end. Suter and Fabbri are run of the mill 3rd liners playing 2nd line because Detroit sucks.

Gourde is a 2nd liner that plays solid 2 way hockey and was part of the best 3rd line in hockey for 2 Stanley cup runs. Also getting rid of Fabbri and Suter frees up over 7 million in cap space.

That trade is dumping trash for assets and to clear roster spots. Look at the rest of the moves, look at the cap remaining.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not really. Zadina is looking like a bust. Hronek is a liability in his end. Suter and Fabbri are run of the mill 3rd liners playing 2nd line because Detroit sucks.

Gourde is a 2nd liner that plays solid 2 way hockey and was part of the best 3rd line in hockey for 2 Stanley cup runs. Also getting rid of Fabbri and Suter frees up over 7 million in cap space.

That trade is dumping trash for assets and to clear roster spots. Look at the rest of the moves, look at the cap remaining.
Hronek should not return less than Brendan Smith did which was a 2nd+3rd.
No matter how little you think of Zadina, there's no way his value is just a 5th rounder. So any way you look at it, that's really bad trade value for us.

Fabbri and Suter are younger than Gourde and you're basically trading ~80 points for ~50 points. And adding a 4th.. again, it's poor value. Is Gourde and upgrade on Suter? Sure. So trade Suter+4th. The difference is not Fabbri.

We are not forced to clear cap space so we should not lose trade value because we're clearing cap space. We can sign all those players you pencil in without doing any major trades to open space.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hronek should not return less than Brendan Smith did which was a 2nd+3rd.
No matter how little you think of Zadina, there's no way his value is just a 5th rounder. So any way you look at it, that's really bad trade value for us.

Fabbri and Suter are younger than Gourde and you're basically trading ~80 points for ~50 points. And adding a 4th.. again, it's poor value. Is Gourde and upgrade on Suter? Sure. So trade Suter+4th. The difference is not Fabbri.

We are not forced to clear cap space so we should not lose trade value because we're clearing cap space. We can sign all those players you pencil in without doing any major trades to open space.

And then Detroit runs into future issues for cap space. Detroit will need at least 15 million cap available in 2024 for Raymond and Seider. Seider is trending towards 9+ million AAV territory, and I don't see how Raymond gets less than 6 if he can improve his scoring totals from his rookie year.

You're right about Zadina's value. I was estimating that Zadina is worth a 3rd AND a 5th. He was a replacement level player last season despite all the times he was given top 6 minutes. The only redeeming quality he has right now is being a formerly high draft pick.

Hronek for a low to mid 2nd isn't terrible value and I don't expect Detroit to be able to get much more than that. Cite his points all you want but look at his OIGF versus his OIGA. He is flat out bad defensively. It doesn't matter if you can help create 1 goal for if you're responsible for 2 goals against.

Suter isn't going to get much from anyone. He's small, not particularly fast, poor defensively and while playing 2nd line minutes put up 3rd line numbers. Fabbri has injured his knees 3 times in his short NHL career, was not really fast before the 3rd injury, and is also pretty bad defensively as a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Why are you dead set on keeping them in the lineup as 3rd liners when those are roster spots that would be better off going to rookies or players that can actually play some defense?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
And then Detroit runs into future issues for cap space.
Worrying about that is a bit premature. You don't move guys to open cap space 2-3 years in advance. Overall I'm not super attached to any of the players you chose to trade, but the value seems to come from a standpoint of looking at them in the most negative way possible.
Zadina is just 22 for example and was a former top 10 pick. He could have been benched for 100% of last seasons games and he'd still be worth more than a 3rd+5th.
Why are you dead set on keeping them in the lineup as 3rd liners when those are roster spots that would be better off going to rookies or players that can actually play some defense?
If you want to improve defensive play and make a run for a playoff spot, I wouldn't pencil Söderblom+Berggren into the regular roster or go into the season with that left side defense.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
View attachment 558027
View attachment 558029

That team finishes outside the wild card.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Worrying about that is a bit premature. You don't move guys to open cap space 2-3 years in advance. Overall I'm not super attached to any of the players you chose to trade, but the value seems to come from a standpoint of looking at them in the most negative way possible.
Zadina is just 22 for example and was a former top 10 pick. He could have been benched for 100% of last seasons games and he'd still be worth more than a 3rd+5th.

If you want to improve defensive play and make a run for a playoff spot, I wouldn't pencil Söderblom+Berggren into the regular roster or go into the season with that left side defense.

Pencilling in Copp or Gourde for the 3C spot would help with the defensive duties.

Zadorov and Edvinsson are light years better than what we got from Leddy, DeKeyser and Oesterle. Detroit could probably put just about any other team's bottom pair LD on this team and they would be the 1st pair LD on last season's team and it would STILL be an improvement.

Also keeping that space available allows for short term 1 and 2 year contracts to come in as needed. But Detroit 100% needs that space by 2023-24. They can moneypuck and build a winner below the cap next season and maybe the following year because of their rookies, but after that they're paying market value for their points.

That team finishes outside the wild card.

Not by point shares or SPAR unless you believe every playoff team in the east needs 100+ points again.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Pencilling in Copp or Gourde for the 3C spot would help with the defensive duties.

Zadorov and Edvinsson are light years better than what we got from Leddy, DeKeyser and Oesterle. Detroit could probably put just about any other team's bottom pair LD on this team and they would be the 1st pair LD on last season's team and it would STILL be an improvement.

Also keeping that space available allows for short term 1 and 2 year contracts to come in as needed. But Detroit 100% needs that space by 2023-24. They can moneypuck and build a winner below the cap next season and maybe the following year because of their rookies, but after that they're paying market value for their points.

Not by point shares or SPAR unless you believe every playoff team in the east needs 100+ points again.
I don’t see that team crossing the 90 point threshold.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
And then Detroit runs into future issues for cap space. Detroit will need at least 15 million cap available in 2024 for Raymond and Seider. Seider is trending towards 9+ million AAV territory, and I don't see how Raymond gets less than 6 if he can improve his scoring totals from his rookie year.

You're right about Zadina's value. I was estimating that Zadina is worth a 3rd AND a 5th. He was a replacement level player last season despite all the times he was given top 6 minutes. The only redeeming quality he has right now is being a formerly high draft pick.

Hronek for a low to mid 2nd isn't terrible value and I don't expect Detroit to be able to get much more than that. Cite his points all you want but look at his OIGF versus his OIGA. He is flat out bad defensively. It doesn't matter if you can help create 1 goal for if you're responsible for 2 goals against.

Suter isn't going to get much from anyone. He's small, not particularly fast, poor defensively and while playing 2nd line minutes put up 3rd line numbers. Fabbri has injured his knees 3 times in his short NHL career, was not really fast before the 3rd injury, and is also pretty bad defensively as a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Why are you dead set on keeping them in the lineup as 3rd liners when those are roster spots that would be better off going to rookies or players that can actually play some defense?
Do you think Seider and Raymond will both sign long deals or bridge deals? I guess there is benefits to either or. Maybe it would best to lock them both up long term and hope the Cup continues to rise.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Offer sheet Kakko at 1 x 4.2...only half joking. Can take a flyer on him making a jump with change of scenery at the cost of a 2nd round pick, or worst case scenario we f*** with the Rangers' cap plan if they begrudgingly match.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Also keeping that space available allows for short term 1 and 2 year contracts to come in as needed.
Short-term 1-2 year contracts like what we have with Hronek and could re-sign Zadina to?

Look at Zadorov's track record and don't get fooled too much by a career year playing as a #6 on a stacked Calgary. Sure, it's easy enough to improve on Dekeyser. That doesn't make Zadorov a viable top pairing d-man for a team with playoff ambitions.

As for Edvinsson.. don't count your chickens before they hatch. He has the talent, but he's raw. Edvinsson-Klingberg could be an absolute mess defensively (again, Edvinsson has the talent, but at 19 he's not going to immediately be a premier shutdown d-man).

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
View attachment 558027
View attachment 558029

It's not that bad I just really don't like that Yanni Gourde trade... But like you mentioned swap that trade out with a signing of Copp or something(favorite C) and that teams looks cool and set-up for big strides in 2023-2024.

I have full confidence in both Johansson/Edivsson to come into the NHL so I like the pairing of Edvisson/Klingberg. Lots of length on your defense.

Not sure those bottom trades with Erne/Oseterle are realstic in that... no one would want them. Literally.(IMO). You mentioned how Suter/Fabbri wouldn't get much in a trade alone... and true but they'd at least be wanted/coveted more than Erne/Oseterle. I literally don't know if they'd get picked up if we waived them. They're great trades though if they can be pulled off!

Just my thoughts;

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Short-term 1-2 year contracts like what we have with Hronek and could re-sign Zadina to?

Look at Zadorov's track record and don't get fooled too much by a career year playing as a #6 on a stacked Calgary. Sure, it's easy enough to improve on Dekeyser. That doesn't make Zadorov a viable top pairing d-man for a team with playoff ambitions.

As for Edvinsson.. don't count your chickens before they hatch. He has the talent, but he's raw. Edvinsson-Klingberg could be an absolute mess defensively (again, Edvinsson has the talent, but at 19 he's not going to immediately be a premier shutdown d-man).

Hronek and Zadina's contracts aside, they aren't very good. Hronek is like a poor man's version of Gostisbehere or Tyson Barrie. And I would rather give Zadina's roster spot to Berggren because I really don't think there's a way for him to be worse than Zadina was last year.

And as for Edvinsson, I am bullish. I was bullish on Seider and was right. In fact he came in and exceeded my expectations. Edvinsson just had an SHL season that was comparable to what Seider did while being a year younger than Seider was at the time. I don't think he comes in and supplants Seider as the main PPQB but I could imagine Edvinsson playing 20 minutes a night and getting 25-30 points as a rookie.

It's not that bad I just really don't like that Yanni Gourde trade... But like you mentioned swap that trade out with a signing of Copp or something(favorite C) and that teams looks cool and set-up for big strides in 2023-2024.

I have full confidence in both Johansson/Edivsson to come into the NHL so I like the pairing of Edvisson/Klingberg. Lots of length on your defense.

Not sure those bottom trades with Erne/Oseterle are realstic in that... no one would want them. Literally.(IMO). You mentioned how Suter/Fabbri wouldn't get much in a trade alone... and true but they'd at least be wanted/coveted more than Erne/Oseterle. I literally don't know if they'd get picked up if we waived them. They're great trades though if they can be pulled off!

Just my thoughts;

I could see Erne going back to Tampa. Maybe not at his contract. That was just a whatever trade. And I didn't see a 'future considerations' option when trading Oesterle so a 7th will do. Again, just clearing roster trash.

Do you think Seider and Raymond will both sign long deals or bridge deals? I guess there is benefits to either or. Maybe it would best to lock them both up long term and hope the Cup continues to rise.

The answer to this: We don't know but it could go either way. None of us can read Yzerman's mind. I'm confident he will do a better job than Dubas at retaining our stars though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad