Salary Cap: Salary Cap: 2016-17 roster-building part IX | Contract chart, cap info in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
SO the only acceptable posts in your mind are celebration photos? This is a hockey forum, we ARE HERE TO DISCUSS TRADES, CAP AND THE DRAFT:amazed:

Obviously we can discuss anything here, but incessant whining about signing Kevin Porter to a 2 way deal is a little over the top just after a Cup win.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I agree that JR is using that as sort of an opening request that he expects to be countered. However I can't see us adding anything that would make Calgary send us that pick. I seriously doubt that any team in the top 10 would trade that pick to the pens and allow them the opportunity to draft a young cost controlled winger to play with Sid or Geno. It would be awesome if it happened but like I said, I don't think a team drafting that high is going to help the pens out unfortunately lol

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
As well he should. With Andersen gone, MAF is by far the best goalie available. Howard is awful and expensive. Bish isn't moving as he's a UFA next summer and doesn't need to be protected so TB will hold onto him. Reimer isn't a starter. Niemi/Leth are both trash.

And contrary to popular belief, JR cam move MAF next summer to a team like VAN pretty easily.

CAL has to get a goalie and JR doesn't have to move MAF. He holds all the power.

I agree with you in that JR should be aiming high. I do disagree that moving MAF next summer would be easy. I feel lIke if he waits that long the list of teams that need a starter shrinks and that could make moving Fleury a little more tricky next summer

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I agree that JR is using that as sort of an opening request that he expects to be countered. However I can't see us adding anything that would make Calgary send us that pick. I seriously doubt that any team in the top 10 would trade that pick to the pens and allow them the opportunity to draft a young cost controlled winger to play with Sid or Geno. It would be awesome if it happened but like I said, I don't think a team drafting that high is going to help the pens out unfortunately lol

Not unless they REALLY want to get rid of Wideman and are willing to eat 2MM to get it done.

What is more likely is Calgary counters with 2 2nd's and JR pulls the trigger if he gets their highest 2 2nd's.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
On mobile so I can't post tweet, but a verified news anchor (I think) reports Bishop to Calgary is in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad