Confirmed with Link: Saku Maenalanen 1 year 2 way

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
I like this pick up - had an awesome season in the Liga last year, and had 8 points in 34 games in his only NHL season.

Could see him sneaking his way into the 4th line and producing way better than most of our bottom 6ers from last year
he was a really good 4th liner for the hurricanes that season, but ended up signing in the khl because they wouldn't give him a one-way deal since they had necas coming up.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I like this pick up - had an awesome season in the Liga last year, and had 8 points in 34 games in his only NHL season.

Could see him sneaking his way into the 4th line and producing way better than most of our bottom 6ers from last year

He's always solid in the Finnish national team as well. He's featured very often in the World Championship tournaments representing Finland in the recent years. Finland has had a lot of success during that time, so he's been a contributor to that success.

That 556k career earnings part (in the tweet by OP) is false. He's surely earned more than 2 million by now if that even matters :).

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Another Finn! Can’t wait to hear endlessly about all his deficiencies and lack of IQ
He has actually had some weaker moments and even times, but he's developed a lot in that regard. All in all he may be one of the best available options for a 4th liner who can be very solid defensively and potentially score more than you'd expect from a 4th liner.

I suggested Mäenalanen a couple of times in the Oilers forum so it'll be interesting to see how he'll do in your team. I think it's a good signing, a good chance to get a solid bottom 6-player with a large frame, but not much to lose with a 2-way contract. When he's totally focused and 100% in, which is nowadays the norm almost all the time, he can be a kind of a machine in his role, a difficult player to play against.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad