Sakic vs Yzerman as GMs

Sakic vs Yzerman as GM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I like how people think somehow the Goodrow and Coleman trades are the reason they won like the moves/picks that brought in McDonagh, Gourde, Point, Kucherov, Palat, Vasilevski, Sergachev, Cirelli, and Johnson had less of an impact :laugh:

Those last trades don't mean anything unless the foundation was there. Yzerman inherited Stamkos and Hedman but the overall impact of the supporting block of players around those guys is why they won and the majority of them were brought in by Yzerman. JBB added more on top but that core was always capable of winning.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I think it’s too early in the Avs window to make the call. Right now, you’d give the edge to Yzerman, but if the Avs actually won a cup in the next few years, it’d tip back towards Sakic.

I tend to agree with this. The other factor that could tip it one way or the other is whether Yzerman can turn the Wings around within a few years or if it is a longer term rebuild. Sakic is definitely catching up and has a better team right now to close the gap.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Sakic is been on quite the run since the Avs abysmal 48 point season, don't think any GM can match his last 5 years.

16-17 Defense
EJ
Barrie
Beauchemin
Zadorov
Tyutin
Wiercioch
Barberio
Goloubef
Gelinas

20-21
Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Graves - EJ

From abysmal to one of the best in a couple of seasons. No bad trades, very few ugly contracts, solid prospect pool and a young contender. Not much to complain.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Brisbois doesn’t get enough credit for putting the final polish on that cup winning Tampa team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad