Dreger: Sakic might be a major player for Panarin and/or Dzingel

Rantanen The Goat

Nov 20, 2018
I think the avs should definitely pursue panarin if they can sign him. The money is there. With the possibility of a top 3 pick on an ELC and guys like Makar and kaut on the way for next year that'd be a huge pick up. Depends really on wether or not panarin sees the avs as a fit destination to sign in. As a rental? Doubt sakic entertains it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's nice to get an update on where Ryan Dzingel might end up, the suspense has been killing me.
Not many guys with 20 goals and 40 points already available at the deadline, ever.

Here's a list of the top scorers traded at the deadline in the past 3 deadlines:

Kevin Shattenkirk - 11g 31a 42p in 61gp
Patrick Eaves - 21g 20a 41p in 59gp
Lee Stempniak - 16g 25a 41p in 63gp
Paul Stastny - 12g 28a 40p in 63gp
Evander Kane - 20g 20a 40p in 61gp

Dzingel has 20g 18a 38p in 48 games. He likely will have more points and goals than every player traded at the deadline in the past 3 seasons.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I doubt it. Sakic isn’t going to get burned on another rental in a mediocre year. If, for whatever reason, Panarin was willing to sign here, go for it. But I’d be surprised if he was.

Reactions: MacBradley

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
Why do people click on the threads if they have such a big problem with Dreger? #petpeeve
To take it further why do people get upset at Dreger or Freidman throwing out ideas, isn't that all what we're doing here...having fun? If nothing else its seed for good debates on this site!
#Ilovemypets

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
That's what I thought. Would make zero sense to ball out on a guy like Panarin.

Would not make sense especially when you consider that the information we do have is that he's likely to explore moving to a big city. Denver is awesome but it's not what he's looking for.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Dreger guessing as usual. Its been so clear for a while now even he has 0 sources into the Avs and mostly just brings them up for clicks/views

Reactions: tbassler

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Dzingel extended @ 5.25 x 5
for
Calvert/Nieto, COL 1st (top 15 protected), OTT 3rd

If he's not extended drop the 1st to a 2nd

Can we put a clause in there that they only get that return if his SH% stays close to 20% for the whole season like this year other wise they get a 7th.

If you offered me Dzingel at that price for free I would say no, he's just a depth player who is having a lucky season.

Reactions: Fro

bbskiff

Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
If Sakic can get these 2 guys in a trade (depending on what we give up) he would be a stud. In free agency he would be the Avs G.O.A.T general manager....

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Can we put a clause in there that they only get that return if his SH% stays close to 20% for the whole season like this year other wise they get a 7th.

If you offered me Dzingel at that price for free I would say no, he's just a depth player who is having a lucky season.

What is this nonsense.

If you cut Dzingel's shooting percentage in half from the 18% it's currently at, he'd still be on pace for almost 50P. Would make him a 40+ point guy for two straight seasons.

In what bizarro world is that a depth player?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What is this nonsense.

If you cut Dzingel's shooting percentage in half from the 18% it's currently at, he'd still be on pace for almost 50P. Would make him a 40+ point guy for two straight seasons.

People who use Dzingels shooting % to detract from him clearly don’t know his game at all.... it’s just extremely obvious. He has elite speed which gives him plenty of breaks and is great at getting open in the slot and finding space which is in my opinion his best asset by far. He also really doesn’t shoot much. The only way his sh% will go down by any significant margin is if he starts shooting significantly more...

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
What is this nonsense.

Take the top ten teams in hockey right now only Montreal would he for sure crack the top six the other nine teams he'd be no better than third line

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't get why a team in Colorado's position would trade for such a blue chip rental. They are a young up and coming team. If they want to woo him as a UFA then sure. I don't really buy into "get him in here and try and sign him" line of thinking, either. Not with this player in particular.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
dzingry92

Going to be fun to see which GM bites into a bloated SH% this time. That's going to be one nasty UFA deal.

He could probably be of some use to a team in need of offensive depth, but the cost of acquisition will be too steep.

Reactions: Meeqs

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
What would even make sense in a Panarin to Colorado trade? Kerfoot++?

I think you hold Kerfoot to a much higher standard than he deserves. As for what would make sense, it doesn't make sense for the Avs to trade for him at all. The problem is in the net, getting Panarin for 20 some games won't help with the goalies spotting the other team a 3 goal lead before the game even started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad