Dreger: Sakic might be a major player for Panarin and/or Dzingel

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dreger on potential Avalanche trade options

“I guess the question that I would have though is if Sakic is willing to dip into the pool of some of the bigger names, one that comes to mind is Artemi Panarin from the Columbus Blue Jackets. What’s he willing to part with. And you know Jarmo Kekalainen, if he decides he’s trading Panarin, is going to expect a king’s ransom in return, even if Panarin is a rental in this case.

“And then you look at some of the other pieces that could be available. And we’re going to have to spend some time watching Ottawa. I mean, Matt Duchene isn’t going back to Colorado, but Ottawa is leaning towards trying to sign Ryan Dzingel. If they don’t, if they don’t like the numbers that are being thrown out by Newport, who represent Ryan Dzingel, then why wouldn’t Colorado take a look at him. I mean, this guy might end up with 30 goals this season.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Dreger should have a better familiarity with Colorado's historical relationship with Newport.

I don't anticipate that Colorado will be giving up significant assets for rental-UFA players. It would really be surprising IMO.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dzingel extended @ 5.25 x 5
for
Calvert/Nieto, COL 1st (top 15 protected), OTT 3rd

If he's not extended drop the 1st to a 2nd

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Colorado seems like a very strange fit for Dzingel in all honesty. Dorion does seem to like to "double dip" and trade with the same teams, but other than that I'm not sure there's a reason to move Dzingel to the Avs as opposed to a true contender.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah hard pass on giving up our first for rental Dzingel. He’d be fine as an option “B” signing in the summer. As a rental that will cost assets? No thanks.

The quote “...why wouldn’t Colorado take a look at him” reeks of made up speculation. I mean, how about Edmonton or the Islanders or insert random team here...”why wouldn’t they take a look at him”. Lol.

Reactions: Bender

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
It's just speculation there is nothing solid that links either Panarin or Dzingel to the Avs.

The Avs have lots of young assets and a need for more scoring so I understand the speculation but I think Sakic already said they aren't going to spend on big rentals.

Reactions: Burnaby Joe

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Dreger is fine. He has legit connections and has broken information before.

He does a lot of speculating and guessing - which he always labels as such. When it is a legit rumor he also clarifies that. The issue is everyone posts his "thoughts" as rumors and everyone gets mad.

This is not a rumor it's what he thinks could happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad