Saginaw Spirit 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He got kicked out actually, and the hit was incidental outside of the blue paint. I didn’t know about the automatic 2 gamer?
I didn’t feel the hache incident was a match imo.
Any called slew foot is an automatic major & match, but two games is not a certainty. Zero additional games might be just as common as two.

Reactions: OHLfan200

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Makes sense. To be honest I didn’t see the play the best. It looked like he slew-footed him but I thought maybe I was just biased. I try to tell people BMB isn’t a malicious player, and I completely agree here.
We watched the replay several times , at first I thought just a puck battle but his right leg clearly slid forward and took down the Soo player .

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
How are the Spirit faithful feeling for the last 3 games?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Well best of three now. If Parekh was sick, let’s hope that isn’t going to start making its way through the team.
I think he's injured, not sick

Feeling like our board has been invaded by others that would never otherwise post here except to stir stuff and ruffle feathers.
It'll get 'worse'

You're a top team hosting the Memorial Cup.

All eyes on the Spirit .

Reactions: rve24

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Feeling like our board has been invaded by others that would never otherwise post here except to stir stuff and ruffle feathers.
Not like your page has much commentary from your own fans so we're just filling the void :)

I think he's injured, not sick
This is what is puzzling as some have pointed out that 'illness' however you choose to classify it can be the precursor to a concussion. Parekh was sitting in the stands last night chatting up fans so it's not like he was deathly ill or anything

Friday's game certainly got alot more interesting with the potential of Oke, Parekh and Hache all out for the Spirit and maybe Beck returns?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Not like your page has much commentary from your own fans so we're just filling the void :)

This is what is puzzling as some have pointed out that 'illness' however you choose to classify it can be the precursor to a concussion. Parekh was sitting in the stands last night chatting up fans so it's not like he was deathly ill or anything

Friday's game certainly got alot more interesting with the potential of Oke, Parekh and Hache all out for the Spirit and maybe Beck returns?
I think there's some hope that Oke can return, as the injury isn't what has been speculated. Parekh is neither injured, nor ill, but I have no insight on how the team handles that situation. The fans deserve to see both teams at their best.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Already been over how most the fanbase wouldn't be the type to post up on message boards. There's like 5/6 six of us that are regulars but for the most part, none of the fans even know what HFboards is.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I think there's some hope that Oke can return, as the injury isn't what has been speculated. Parekh is neither injured, nor ill, but I have no insight on how the team handles that situation. The fans deserve to see both teams at their best.
Ok out with it then. Why wasn't he playing?

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Already been over how most the fanbase wouldn't be the type to post up on message boards. There's like 5/6 six of us that are regulars but for the most part, none of the fans even know what HFboards is.
Truth be told, most of the Spirit posters here also post on the Spirit site, and even there, that has a small base. We tend to be nuanced and hockey savy, not dumb assed cheerleaders with nothing between their ears. They have other Spirit forums and fakebook especially geared to that mentality.

Case in point... some of the outside posts here as of late. :DD:cool:;)

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Case in point... some of the outside posts here as of late. :DD:cool:;)
When you are one of the best teams in the OHL be prepared. Some of the incredibly stupid posts that find there way to the London Knights (my team) thread amazes me. This is your year to be exposed to them. LOL try and enjoy the run to the Memorial Cup would love to play you guys next round but the Soo are a stubborn bunch!

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Respectfully, how can you know that information. unless you have an in with the team or the family, that's a pretty bold statement just from visuals.

regardless of if it wasn't a major penalty, Martin did hit him hard. Martin is a truck for a 16 year old and Parekh isn't the biggest kid. he may not have concussed him, but he definitely hurt him. i can see how they'd maybe sit him out as a precaution. especially when they were up one game in the series. maybe not so now as it's tied up, but i'm sure he's going to be playing cautious. But why risk anything extra when they are already hosting. i know you always want to come in the front door, but If i were them, i'd hate to not have Oke and Zayne in may when it really counts. I can't say I wouldn't do the same if our star player wasn't 100%.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Down to best 2/3 unfortunately injuries happen and suspensions. Hopefully, Zayne is back next game and Hache in game 6. Oke is the only? SSM has Beck possibly back next game.
This will show who steps up and our chararacter as a unit. Lalonde can handle the load but our F aren’t going to win any games with zero goals. They have to step up their game if we are going to play London. This series is already what we all thought it would be.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
This series is starting to look like the 2018-19 team when Ivan Prosvetov and Justin Murray
were suspended during the playoffs and the Spirit ended up getting knocked out by Guelph in the Western Conference finals.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
And with this final dipshit comment I'm done with the hfboards and will only post on the Spirit board where we can have legit hockey conversations (good and bad). 90%+ of the Spirit fans who post here also are there so I look forward to keeping the talk going there.

I've been posting on the Spirit board for almost 20 years, was a regular on the NOOF (including being banned for a brief period) and have been on these boards for 10 years and I've seen all sorts of crap from posters but this FISCHHABER clown is utterly abhorrent with blatant lies on another team's board and without a moderator to clean this crap up, I'm done with this garbage. If anyone from SSM misses me and just has to engage, you are welcome to join the Spirit board and follow decency rules that have been in place since 2012.

Good luck to the hounds in the rest of the series...it was going to be a good one from the start and now we have a best of 3 to find a victor.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
And with this final dipshit comment I'm done with the hfboards and will only post on the Spirit board where we can have legit hockey conversations (good and bad). 90%+ of the Spirit fans who post here also are there so I look forward to keeping the talk going there.

I've been posting on the Spirit board for almost 20 years, was a regular on the NOOF (including being banned for a brief period) and have been on these boards for 10 years and I've seen all sorts of crap from posters but this FISCHHABER clown is utterly abhorrent with blatant lies on another team's board and without a moderator to clean this crap up, I'm done with this garbage. If anyone from SSM misses me and just has to engage, you are welcome to join the Spirit board and follow decency rules that have been in place since 2012.

Good luck to the hounds in the rest of the series...it was going to be a good one from the start and now we have a best of 3 to find a victor.
my apologies. Fischy has all the traits of a clinical sociopath/narcissist. he's too much even for other hounds fans and has me blocked because he can't handle when people call him out on his BS or point out his bad predictions. might i suggest staying on HF, but putting him on ignore?

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Sorry to hear that Don. I found out a long time ago that he’s wrong about pretty much everything. You can take solace in knowing that he’s usually just spewing nonsense. Most recently, his take on Schenkel who was outstanding last night after he wanted him backing up Miller in gm 4.

Hopefully you change your mind and join the rest of us in not engaging him and just laughing at how asinine his posts are.

Reactions: DWI Dale

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Appreciate it but I won't post on a board where someone can freely post false information about injuries without any repercussions. Maybe I'll be back someday but I can't support a board that allows that. I've reported him to the admins and maybe one of the Saginaw posters can let me know if he actually gets banned and I'll return.

Reactions: rve24

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
lol yeah, I’m sure a team is just holding out a potential top 10 pick for shits and giggles.

I don’t like either one of these teams but that has to be the biggest line of horse shit I’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad