Saginaw Spirit 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Couldn't agree more. Fans are going to complain when there's a ton of bad calls, like the first 2 games in this series. We saw it from Guelph fans in the first series and rightfully so. It doesn't make them bad fans.

McConnell Barker didn't even make contact with Oke's head and somehow gets kicked out of the game? I'm flabbergasted that they actually watched the play and came to that conclusion when it was so obvious.
Look who the officials were enough said

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Not a fan of either team in this series thanks, and prior to this season I always thought the Windsor fans were a bunch of babies. They still are, but they don’t cry about everything nearly as hard as you guys do.
I’m not sure what point you’re making but great. I also am not hurt by your remarks. I’m not crying about anything, I always state facts, based on my opinion. BMB got kicked out? Part of the game. Whether I agree with it or not has no bearing on the actual call. Gotta live with it. Which I have

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I just left the Greyhounds thread. I personally want the Greyhounds to win this series. Seriously, I do. That being said, I would also like to congratulate the Soo Greyhounds fans (not you or a couple others HockeyPops) on setting historic new records on their way to winning the Memorial Cup of whining and conspiracy theories. Smashing all the previous records held by London haters for years. A new bar of fan bias has been set that we may never see the likes of again. I can’t wait to see the pictures of them hoisting the Golden Teardrop trophy!!!!

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
I just left the Greyhounds thread. I personally want the Greyhounds to win this series. Seriously, I do. That being said, I would also like to congratulate the Soo Greyhounds fans (not you or a couple others HockeyPops) on setting historic new records on their way to winning the Memorial Cup of whining and conspiracy theories. Smashing all the previous records held by London haters for years. A new bar of fan bias has been set that we may never see the likes of again. I can’t wait to see the pictures of them hoisting the Golden Teardrop trophy!!!!
-____- I was hoping to separate myself. All I disagreed with was the 5 min match. Maybe you didn’t mean me. Idk.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Must be something in the North? Why have to chirp man? In my opinion? The Oke play wasn’t a 5 minute misconduct. I completely agree with a 2 minute, and Saginaw’s reaction. Someone hits your goalie, you go after them. But BMB is not a physical player, and he absolutely tried to avoid contact: I’m not sure why you’re attacking northern people?

Maybe the fourth goal was due to a missed call sure. But what about Fantino being called for “excessive celebration” leading to goal to which Parekh points to and salutes Greyhounds bench without a call. Maybe it just all evens out in the end?

Either way, it’s going to be a great series between two great teams:
Firstly, I apologize for my “North” comment. Just a tongue in cheek when someone says “must be something in the water.” I will say that I said a number of Hounds fans, not all. For example, one of your posters literally cannot see anything wrong with the Hounds ever, goes on paragraphs about how “far deeper” they are than Saginaw and the officiating bias etc. They have zero credibility. On the other hand, there are nice balanced posters like HockeyPops, etc. that provide a reasonable analysis of the games.
I have ties to the Soo and usually support them after my hometown team, but not this year. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series with safe travels up and down the I75 if commuting.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
BMB tried to hold up and he has no history with dirty hits. I wouldn’t give him a suspension. The game was enough but seems the league default response to events like this is 2 games. Again though wouldn’t shock me if he got none also.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I notice an inferiority complex with a number of Hounds fans - they always want to be the victim. Sudbury too. Something up north I guess. I hope Saginaw wins this series just so it’ll quiet some of the whining superhomers from the North, lol.

There’s no officiating bias, it’s just the way it looks sometimes. I made a post in the London thread a few weeks ago trying to bait people into believing Saginaw had an advantage. Didn’t work though.😂

On an unrelated note, your tv play-by-play person does an excellent job. I do not know his name. I also enjoy the bluntness of Dennis Desrosiers. Hope I got his name correct. Always a pleasure catching the Saginaw telecast.
Play by play man is Dillon Clark. Previously was working in the Carolinas and the FPHL. Have heard from a few opposing fans that they like his calls. Definitely seems like he’ll make his way up the ranks in due time. As for Rosie, he can be an acquired taste. But he’s a local legend and will get to retire when he says so. I think this might be his last year though. Go out calling a memorial cup.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Play by play man is Dillon Clark. Previously was working in the Carolinas and the FPHL. Have heard from a few opposing fans that they like his calls. Definitely seems like he’ll make his way up the ranks in due time. As for Rosie, he can be an acquired taste. But he’s a local legend and will get to retire when he says so. I think this might be his last year though. Go out calling a memorial cup.
Thanks Kingpin. Americans know how to produce sports the right way. Wish we’d see that in London, Kitchener, Guelph, etc.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
I
BMB tried to hold up and he has no history with dirty hits. I wouldn’t give him a suspension. The game was enough but seems the league default response to events like this is 2 games. Again though wouldn’t shock me if he got none also.
Agree with you the league is so inconsistent with how they dole out suspensions. To think and as some have said that the soo intentionally ran him over never watched the game or no nothing of the game. Bmb actually was trying to stop and avoid the contact

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
He very well maybe in protocols but the fan page is garbage. Nothing official until the team says it.

I mean it should have never been posted but the post had a screen shot of a text message from his mom so probably pretty accurate. Doesn’t mean he’s out for the series, just would need to to pass protocol whatever that entails.

Also should put to rest the debate if BMB hit him in the head. Pretty obvious now (although I agree not probably intentional)but accidents still can lead to supplemental discipline from the league. Which will either be used as proof the league hates SSM or Saginaw by whatever fan base doesn’t get thier way

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
I mean it should have never been posted but the post had a screen shot of a text message from his mom so probably pretty accurate. Doesn’t mean he’s out for the series, just would need to to pass protocol whatever that entails.

Also should put to rest the debate if BMB hit him in the head. Pretty obvious now (although I agree not probably intentional)but accidents still can lead to supplemental discipline from the league. Which will either be used as proof the league hates SSM or Saginaw by whatever fan base doesn’t get thier

Also should put to rest the debate if BMB hit him in the head. Pretty obvious now (although I agree not probably intentional)but accidents still can lead to supplemental discipline from the league. Which will either be used as proof the league hates SSM or Saginaw by whatever fan base doesn’t get thier way
Soo fan here sounds like the series is getting heated. Watched the replay and I think as much as some fans are calling for a suspension I think he will not receive one, but with the way the league has been this year you never know

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Soo fan here sounds like the series is getting heated. Watched the replay and I think as much as some fans are calling for a suspension I think he will not receive one, but with the way the league has been this year you never know
the only good thing about the league's decisions this year is how consistent they are at being inconsistent with any rulings/suspensions they hand down (or not)

Reactions: Jay R
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad