Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
What a game, congrats for staying focused and doing your job.

A few players who don't get the press like some (Tippet, McLeod, Perfetti) but deserve some recognition for what they have done this playoff season so far.

Davis - plus 13
Murray - tough, physical, and leader
Giroux - moved to 3rd line - still going strong and being a leader
Gilmour - moved to top line and producing points every game
Prosevetov - impresses me every game
Babar - kids a star.

Saginaw big win last night
There is just one player you seem to be Missing
Cole Coskey , hasn’t been on ice in over 7 weeks
Steps right in too pk in first game of the soo series
Which I disagree I!!! But yet throws his body around with wires just removed from his broken jaw and they shut them down
Second game still trying to fid solid ground and finds a way to pick up assist and yet too pk and no goals , pp right now after 2 games is less than 15%
Third game down 3-0 coke Coskey finds a way to score a goal to get Saginaw rolling , let alone threw his body to block shots 3/4 times during game and once again perfect on pk , pp
Was week again , got a great bounce for game winner (love it ) but do t forget about a kid that basically has led the spirit the last 2 years and still gets no love , but gives his love to his teammates and the fans

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Great to see Cole back in the lineup and getting his legs and timing he will progress every night. He adds more than just scoring to the lineup. The team is scoring on all 4 lines and l wonder if the scouts have noticed the way Baber has been playing. Porco, Millman, Coskey all could be drafted?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw big win last night
There is just one player you seem to be Missing
Cole Coskey , hasn’t been on ice in over 7 weeks
Steps right in too pk in first game of the soo series
Which I disagree I!!! But yet throws his body around with wires just removed from his broken jaw and they shut them down
Second game still trying to fid solid ground and finds a way to pick up assist and yet too pk and no goals , pp right now after 2 games is less than 15%
Third game down 3-0 coke Coskey finds a way to score a goal to get Saginaw rolling , let alone threw his body to block shots 3/4 times during game and once again perfect on pk , pp
Was week again , got a great bounce for game winner (love it ) but do t forget about a kid that basically has led the spirit the last 2 years and still gets no love , but gives his love to his teammates and the fans

You are totally right. Coskey has been a leader and it is nice to see him back and still play with grit.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Game 4 tonight. Bring it home boys! Go Spirit!

The final win is always a tough one especially on the road and against a Soo Team full of pride. Best of Luck and at this point seems like a London vs Saginaw series for all the western marbles. If we continue to play well I think it will be a fun series with great hockey to be witnessed. Of course that assumes both of us can put away 2 very good teams in there own right! Good Luck stay healthy!

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I made the drive for this! Saginaw played terrible.

Why is Jenkins 4th line! That is a confidence crusher for him!!

Perfetti was a 1st line guy in regular season, but far from being that 1st line guy in playoffs, I bet Tippett isn't happy with that.

Babar, what are you thinking!!! Long bus ride home for you.

Wilde, cannot count how many turnovers!

A must win tomorrow.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Perfetti was a 1st line guy in regular season, but far from being that 1st line guy in playoffs, I bet Tippett isn't happy with that.

A must win tomorrow.

Deep breath.

You didn't think we'd sweep them before the series started did you?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Deep breath.

You didn't think we'd sweep them before the series started did you?

I was hoping for a sweep! Lol.

But I am still super confident of a series win, just didn't understand coaching decisions. Perfetti is a star, but he isn't ready for a top line in playoffs, that is obvious, but I guess not to the coach.

Jenkins is playing well and deserves more than a 4th line role.

Let's get the win tomorrow!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
SSM is a proud established organization that you knew would be a tough series. Need a win tomorrow we don't want to go back to SSM. We have won 7 games in a row and we're due for a sub par performance. Not to take anything away from the SSM they beat us straight up tonight.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Jenkins played first two periods on 2nd line with Perfetti and Coskey. In the third he moved Jenkins down and reunited Perfetti with Tippett and McLeod trying to get some offense sparked and obviously he didn’t like something in Jenkins game tonight. For a team that ALL struggled and played undisciplined, weird you pick out just a couple of players to focus on.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

A must win tomorrow.

Long night for your boys, they almost got kicked out of their hotel during a pretty good party. They were up bright and early to their credit, but were surely pretty tired.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
And that is why believe he will be back with the Spirit next season. That and the fact if he plays like that in the AHL he's going to get hurt
We seem to forget what a turnover machine that Hronik was as well as the over ager from last year. If Middzy can be playing in the AHL this year then I think Wilde will be able to play next year. Hope the boys come to play, lets not give the soo any oxygen

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
We seem to forget what a turnover machine that Hronik was as well as the over ager from last year. If Middzy can be playing in the AHL this year then I think Wilde will be able to play next year. Hope the boys come to play, lets not give the soo any oxygen

Middelton is a completely different type of defenseman with a much different game. Funny I don't remember Hronek as a turnover machine, but Crawford sure was.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015

I don't think Hronek played here as an OA. He just spent one year here and I think he was 18 when he arrived. I believe he had another year of eligibility in the OHL, but the Red Wings chose to put him in Grand Rapids.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
SSM has adjusted and Villalta stopped 41 out of 43 shots. They had 22 shots on Ivan + Lennex did not look good between the pipes tonight. We have to come out flying in SSM or we play a game 7 back in Saginaw. Not only do our best guys have to be our best players but we have shut down theirs. Wich we are not doing. One game at a time, Go Spirit!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad