Saginaw Spirit 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Any word or speculation of whether Brown will be back as an OA?

Who will be captain and assistants this year?

As far as captains go: probably either one of Brown, Sadowy, or Stephens will get the C. All of them should get A's and maybe a third A to Petschenig.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
“@georgemalik: Igor Larionov’s son to join WHL’s Saskatoon Blades."

Well this would open another spot. Thought he was going to be one of the 17 yr olds along with Jackson to be given a good look at camp. I'd probably slide Mitchell Webb in that spot for now unless we trade for a forward.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
This would mean the Spirit removed Larionov Jr from their protected list in order to make this move to the WHL happen.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Our new GM goes back to his old team for this one:

“@ToddCordell: The Barrie Colts have announced they've traded C Matthew Kreis to Saginaw in exchange for a '16 3rd, '17 3rd and '16 6th.â€

That's a lot IMO for a guy most people think is a bust (me included). If he believes that he's due for a breakout, by all means trade for him but don't give top 6 forward picks for a gamble like that. Stephens could be moving to wing as well based on recent international play which would mean we would need a center. But again, for those picks, get a better more established player. This seems like we got shafted.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Until we see who all is coming back I think it will be really hard to judge where he will fit into the roster.

If I was GM I would want my lines to look something like this. Extra players may vary. Wild Card is Blake Clarke. Could go anywhere on the roster.

Sadowy-Felhaber-Stephens
Maksimov-Barwell-Artemov
Brown-Gilmour-Kreis-
Paliani-Bennett-Coskey

Ditomaso-PETSCHENIG
Middleton-NIEMELÄINEN
Stewart-Proner

Cormier
Murdaca

Bonnello with Bonnello getting a call up for some games.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Until we see who all is coming back I think it will be really hard to judge where he will fit into the roster.

If I was GM I would want my lines to look something like this. Extra players may vary. Wild Card is Blake Clarke. Could go anywhere on the roster.

Sadowy-Felhaber-Stephens
Maksimov-Barwell-Artemov
Brown-Gilmour-Kreis-
Paliani-Bennett-Coskey

Ditomaso-PETSCHENIG
Middleton-NIEMELÄINEN
Stewart-Proner

Cormier
Murdaca

Bonnello with Bonnello getting a call up for some games.

Not a bad lineup. Don't know if I like Stephens on the wing - if someone could get him the puck on the fly then okay - he could use his speed.

Solid D core and goal tending.

Othello*

What's the deal with Crawford? Will he most likely not make the lineup?

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Saw Gilmour on the ice this summer, and he looked pretty good. Saginaw should be really happy with this choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad