Safe or Sorry: Blackhawks 15-16 roster

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He's 34. Shaw should be playing wing and moving to center when an injury happens. We'll see how the season goes but I'd probably favor a Richards signing much more than an Oduya one. It's time we have some depth at center and it isn't coming from Rockford.

Next year we'll have 3 legitimate defensemen on the roster (Keith-Seabs-Hammer). They can't go into next year with 4 rookies/2nd year players. Signing a defenseman is a much bigger priority than signing a 35 year old center.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Next year we'll have 3 legitimate defensemen on the roster (Keith-Seabs-Hammer). They can't go into next year with 4 rookies/2nd year players. Signing a defenseman is a much bigger priority than signing a 35 year old center.

If a TVR for example sprouts out this year. Then you're looking at signing a #6 defensemen probably. That's not an Oduya caliber signing. That's more along the lines of finding another Sheldon Brookbank (and those types of players are a dime a dozen).

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's a cup winning goalie, goalies have little trade value, and I am comfortable with him. (and I imagine the Hawks are too)

I like our chances to win the Cup better with a roster similar to this one and a different goalie than trading away guys like Sharp.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I like our chances to win the Cup better with a roster similar to this one and a different goalie than trading away guys like Sharp.

I like our Cup chances better with Crawford and Sharp.
or
I like our Cup chances better with Crawford plus the return on Sharp + others not being traded.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
That said, its important the Hawks find out which kids are going to be in their plans this year. Can Morin replace Bickell? in the regular season it's an upgrade, verdict out on playoffs Can Johns replace Roszival? can Johns be a 6D next year? Yes.Can Pokka replace Oduya? no Can Teuvo replace Richardsyes. Pretty easily, yes.. Would be nice for a kid or two to nail down a roster spot for next year, allieviate he need to sig vets.

There will be little, if any, regression next year. Yet the media and people who don't look at the numbers will talk about how the Hawks are finished.

Kane
Toews
Saad
Hossa
Sharp
Seabrook
Keith
Teravainen
Crawford
Shaw
Smith
Morin
... You aren't going to lose games no matter who you fill out the roster with.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
As an aside... I have no idea how people can still criticize Stan. He has setup another great instant rebuild.

Teravainen, Danault, McNeill, Clendening, Johns, Pokka, Dahlbeck... I mean they are mostly good to go next year.

Much different than 2010 when they had an empty cupboard and had to go through the spell of signing Brunette types until Shaw/Saad/Leddy/Smith emerged.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
As an aside... I have no idea how people can still criticize Stan. He has setup another great instant rebuild.

Teravainen, Danault, McNeill, Clendening, Johns, Pokka, Dahlbeck... I mean they are mostly good to go next year.

Much different than 2010 when they had an empty cupboard and had to go through the spell of signing Brunette types until Shaw/Saad/Leddy/Smith emerged.

I don't think Q is going to go along with 7 rookies in the line up at once. If we have to dump players I fully expect Brunette-esque signings.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think Q is going to go along with 7 rookies in the line up at once. If we have to dump players I fully expect Brunette-esque signings.

No need for 7 rookies next year.

2 bottom 6 F, 2 #6/7 D

I think Teravainen, TVR, Rundblad, Morin will all be established pros by next season.

Sharp Toews Kane
Saad TiVo Hossa
McNeill Shaw Versteeg
Mashinter (or whatever brute) Danault Smith

Keith Seabs
Hjalmarsson TVR
Rookie Rundblad

Same number of newbies as this year with TVR, Teravainen and Rundblad.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
No need for 7 rookies next year.

2 bottom 6 F, 2 #6/7 D

I think Teravainen, TVR, Rundblad, Morin will all be established pros by next season.

Sharp Toews Kane
Saad TiVo Hossa
McNeill Shaw Versteeg
Mashinter (or whatever brute) Danault Smith

Keith Seabs
Hjalmarsson TVR
Rookie Rundblad

Same number of newbies as this year with TVR, Teravainen and Rundblad.

It's a pretty big leap of faith to say that Rundblad will ever be an established pro, much less by next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad