SAD DAY IN THE HOCKEY WORLD - Humboldt Broncos bus crash

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is terrible and extremely sad condolences to those families.

What was the semi carrying looks like peat moss or something there is no mention in the articles?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Being on the bus for the teams in that league and most of Junior Canada becomes a way of life, almost a home away from home. Doing their homework or catching up on sleep and bonding with team mates, playing games or watching movies. My nephew who played for Notre Dame said it took 9 hours to get to Flin Flon, Manitoba for a game, all the piping in the city was above ground due to being so far up north. They are playing for the love of the game, so sad it ended this way for so many of them. Some of the teams have players from all over North America. They have extended families as billets who take in kids from out of town. Sad day indeed for hockey in general and the parents, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, teachers, neighbors, friends.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Three of the players in hospital. A powerful picture, my god

DaKtLotW4AIMov2.jpg
Made me cry

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Soul jarring. No words can express the feelings. I only hope that with time their pain lessens. So much hurt. Find peace where you can.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Last night I had the honour and privilege of working for the World Feed broadcast of the vigil in Humboldt, Saskatchewan. I prepared myself all day saturday to keep thinking "it's just another gig". But I was kidding myself. It wasn't "just another gig". I saw pain, suffering and gut wrenching sorrow. But I also saw comfort, togetherness and community. After it was over I saw laughter and smiles as the tears subsided.

They know the world is with them. They know.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad