Waived: Sad Day: Brian McGrattan Waived

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m1 minute ago
McGrattan (CAL) is on waivers today.

:shakehead ... Was bound to happen.

I really hope our organization or the NHL finds a job for him.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
If he clears this actually increases his trade value though, which is a positive for the team. I'm not too sure how many teams are going to want his services considering the general disarming on the enforcer roll; Bollig and Boumer have filled in well there while also being more of an offensive threat.

I believe this is ultimately for the best for him though since there is only so long a person can stay positive, giving it their all in practices and in team support in the dressing room and being a healthy scratch night after night. It has to be emotionally draining and at least this way he has another shot to be a contributor again.

May 27, 2012
Earth
He is still on the team guys. They just put him on Waivers to see if anyone would claim him. If he passes he is still on the roster, but I doubt he will stay anyways. The role of enforcer will be no longer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He is still on the team guys. They just put him on Waivers to see if anyone would claim him. If he passes he is still on the roster, but I doubt he will stay anyways. The role of enforcer will be no longer.
Hey! This is what I say everytime someone is waived, you can't steal my schtick! :rant:

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Looks like they are copying the lead of the Canucks who recently put Sestito on Waivers.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Looks like they are copying the lead of the Canucks who recently put Sestito on Waivers.
Yes, I am sure this is exactly why and not at all because the Flames are healthy for the first time since the first week of the season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
iHrT03q.gif

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
That sucks.. But it was bound to happen, not sure how much longer he's got in the league unfortunately, hopefully the flames give him a job when all is said and done

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Yes, I am sure this is exactly why and not at all because the Flames are healthy for the first time since the first week of the season.

Who is left in the West who is willing to fight McGrattan? Besides John Scott who? Don't kid yourself that the Flames management didn't notice Sestito gone from Vancouver.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Who is left in the West who is willing to fight McGrattan? Besides John Scott who? Don't kid yourself that the Flames management didn't notice Sestito gone from Vancouver.

Had no bearing on anything, though. Were the Canucks copying the Leafs when they sent down Sestito? McGrattan is being waived for the same reason Sestito was waived. Coincidence does not imply causation, though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh::laugh: Typical Vancouver mentality, thinks everything is because of them. Guess what, the only universe you are the centre of is your own.

Bottom line is this team is finally mostly healthy and during the injuries several youngsters have proved they are ready to be on the NHL roster. As a result decisions need to be made on who to have with the big club.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If they send him down he might actually get the chance to play. Plus he'll make more money since he won't have to pay into escrow.

He hasn't been an option to dress in months; the writing was on the wall sadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad