Trade: [SAC/NO] DeMarcus Cousins to the Pelicans

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I'ma UK fan, so this is a dream come true to have Boogie and The Brow play together, best PF-C combo since Duncan & The Admiral.

But its complete **** that the NBA vetoed the Chris Paul to Lakers trade 4-5 years ago and says this is OK. Yay for transparency!!

All Vivek had to do was hire an experience front office exec a few years ago and SAC would be a playoff team right now.

Vivek is the one who forced this trade because he didn't want to pay Cousins.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
New Orleans of all teams now has the best PF and C in the NBA. The odds of Boogie going there were so low it wasn't even funny.

Lakers wanted him but didn't want to give up Ingram. But I wouldn't be worried if I was a Lakers fan, Cousins agent told teams he wont be signing any extensions and will test free agency. So they could always get him there.

Mind you now the Coach Cal to NO rumours are coming out of the woodwork like crazy.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Hopefully new Orleans can re-sign boogie and sign John wall. Now THAT would be the Kentucky connection haha.

Also, regarding the Chris Paul-LAL Trade,
Get over it. So tired of seeing people whine about that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'll say this, as bad as I think this trade is on paper, I do still like Hield's potential and the Kings should be in the mix for a top pick now. Probably won't go well with their history of drafting and development but there's something there.

The 76ers are pleased

Peter Skudra

Nucks fan since '02
Nov 10, 2013
Seattle with JNelson
I'ma UK fan, so this is a dream come true to have Boogie and The Brow play together, best PF-C combo since Duncan & The Admiral.

But its complete **** that the NBA vetoed the Chris Paul to Lakers trade 4-5 years ago and says this is OK. Yay for transparency!!

All Vivek had to do was hire an experience front office exec a few years ago and SAC would be a playoff team right now.

I was not a fan of the league vetoing the Paul trade, however the major difference here is the league owned the Hornets at the time.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Cousins really need to get out of Sacramento. But i'm not sure if a fit between him and Davis will work out in the long run.

For what they gave up however, it's a steal. Sacramento was never going to receive equal value. But this is blah...

Best news of all is that Bill Simmons will finally shut up in the meantime with Cousins to Boston trade scenarios.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hopefully new Orleans can re-sign boogie and sign John wall. Now THAT would be the Kentucky connection haha.

Also, regarding the Chris Paul-LAL Trade,
Get over it. So tired of seeing people whine about that.

why would lakers fans get over that? it set the franchise back years

but hey, i get that the league owned the hornets and wanted the team to tank so they could get the #1 pick which would make them attractive to potential buyers. basketball reasons right stern?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I was not a fan of the league vetoing the Paul trade, however the major difference here is the league owned the Hornets at the time.

Yea had to make NO attractive to a buyer and the only way that would happen is if they tanked. But it was fine to trade CP3 to the Clips. :shakehead

Cousins really need to get out of Sacramento. But i'm not sure if a fit between him and Davis will work out in the long run.

For what they gave up however, it's a steal. Sacramento was never going to receive equal value. But this is blah...

Best news of all is that Bill Simmons will finally shut up in the meantime with Cousins to Boston trade scenarios.

Yea I love Simmons but his non stop Cousins/star player to Boston tweets and posts are really really annoying.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Can't believe the number of people still going on about the Paul trade.

The NBA owned the team, thus they were in a position to stop it if they wanted to because it was their team to play with. This is not comparable. The NBA does not own these teams, so they can't interject.

It's really not that difficult to figure out. They can step in on a team they own, much like any owner could. If they don't own the team they can't.

By all means criticize the "basketball reasons" stuff if you still aren't over it, but this is not a comparable situation so it isn't fuel for this many year old fire.

Last edited:

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
why would lakers fans get over that? it set the franchise back years

but hey, i get that the league owned the hornets and wanted the team to tank so they could get the #1 pick which would make them attractive to potential buyers. basketball reasons right stern?

They got Steve Nash and Dwight Howard the very next year what more do you want? Kobes giant contract set them back.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Why couldn't THIS be fake news?

A lot of this stems from Vivek thinking Buddy can be our Steph/Klay because he's ****ing obsessed with the Warriors. Our only relevant asset is a 2018 1st. Vlade will probably trade it to get some vets off the team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vivek apparently being a huge fan of Hield makes me rethink my original opinion of his potential.

Seriously though, hopefully people stop with this Curry stuff. Being the main piece in return for Cousins is going to be bad enough, don't put some more unrealistic expectations on top of that.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Vlade is a loser. Has no clue what he's doing. Preaching how "character matters" now after assuring Boogie camp he wouldn't be traded just yesterday.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's an awful return for the Kings but it's not like Cousins doesn't come with major baggage on and off the court. He's a big time stat stuffer but he has major attitude issues that need some fixing.
It looks great on paper for the Pelicans but this isn't a big mans' game anymore. They are going to need shooters to compliment those two and there's always a question about the mix between two mega stars.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Ranadive hired him because he's a franchise icon, he has no business running an NBA team. Now agents and players are not going to want anything to do with SAC.

2/3 are getting bought out this week :laugh:

Can't believe the number of people still going on about the Paul trade.

The NBA owned the team, thus they were in a position to stop it if they wanted to because it was their team to play with. This is not comparable. The NBA does not own these teams, so they can't interject.

It's really not that difficult to figure out. They can step in on a team they own, much like any owner could. If they don't own the team they can't.

They actually have the power to veto any trade that happens.

Vivek apparently being a huge fan of Hield makes me rethink my original opinion of his potential.

Seriously though, hopefully people stop with this Curry stuff. Being the main piece in return for Cousins is going to be bad enough, don't put some more unrealistic expectations on top of that.

I saw my fair share of Hield when he was in the NCAA, there really isn't much potential there. He was a top 10 pick solely because the draft was weak & he won some awards.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
They actually have the power to veto any trade that happens.

They aren't going to just step in and stop a trade like this from happening, the owners wouldn't stand for it.

When they own a team, it's different, of course they can step in, just like any owner could.

It is not at all comparable.

There's been a number of lopsided trades in league history, please sight some examples of the NBA vetoing trades where they didn't own one of the teams. I'll wait.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad