Trade: [SAC/NO] DeMarcus Cousins to the Pelicans

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would probably just take today off from sports if I was a Kings fan. Some of this stuff coming from them and Vlade is almost unbelievable. Somehow it just keeps getting worse.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They got Steve Nash and Dwight Howard the very next year what more do you want? Kobes giant contract set them back.

yes the kobe contract and bad management set them back too but don't underestimate the damage the vetoed trade did

-they only got nash because they didn't acquire cp3
-instead of keeping gasol for too long, he would've been dealt
-howard more than likely stays if cp3 is there

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
No way the Lakers would have Howard if they had Paul.

Also, the Hornets got the pick that that got them Anthony Davis from the CP3 trade. Better deal for Nawlins.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I saw my fair share of Hield when he was in the NCAA, there really isn't much potential there. He was a top 10 pick solely because the draft was weak & he won some awards.

He can shoot though and everyone needs shooters. He definitely needs to improve in other areas and won't be a star or anything but I think he can play.

It all starts with him and he's probably more at fault here than Vlade. However, Vlade has shown everyone that he's pretty clueless. That can also go back to the owner for handing him that job but I don't think it excuses Vlade for his incompetence.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
No way the Lakers would have Howard if they had Paul.

Also, the Hornets got the pick that that got them Anthony Davis from the CP3 trade. Better deal for Nawlins.

why wouldn't they?

they would've still had bynum who was used to acquire howard

obviously the hornets took the lesser offer because stern wanted the team to tank and get a top 3 pick

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
why wouldn't they?

they would've still had bynum who was used to acquire howard

obviously the hornets took the lesser offer because stern wanted the team to tank and get a top 3 pick

Well, you have to look at the circumstances. With just a year removed from The Decision, I just don't think the rest of the league would have wanted to create another Big 3 and and have the best PG, best SG, and best C (at the time) all on one team. So no, I don't think the D12 Laker trade happens with CP3 already on the Lakers. The Lakers still would have had a chance to acquire Howard through free agency, though. But only if Kobe would have taken a massive paycut, which you and I know would've never happened.

And the Hornets tanking had nothing to do with their Davis pick. It was an unprotected pick they got from the Clippers.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I feel bad for our Sac fans here, but I think this is a good opportunity for Cousins. I'm not saying the kid is always in the right, but he's had it rough there being called out for everything while actions by other players around the league are shrugged at and quickly forgotten. Will be interesting to see how it works out in NOs without the same clouds always hanging over him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well, you have to look at the circumstances. With just a year removed from The Decision, I just don't think the rest of the league would have wanted to create another Big 3 and and have the best PG, best SG, and best C (at the time) all on one team. So no, I don't think the D12 Laker trade happens with CP3 already on the Lakers. The Lakers still would have had a chance to acquire Howard through free agency, though. But only if Kobe would have taken a massive paycut, which you and I know would've never happened.

And the Hornets tanking had nothing to do with their Davis pick. It was an unprotected pick they got from the Clippers.

well that's the true reason I feel stern actually vetoed the trade for but i'm not even going to get into that

i don't think the pick they got from the clippers was the one they used to draft davis #1, it was used to draft rivers at #10. the hornets got the first overall pick by sucking which is one of the reasons stern took the lesser deal from the clippers

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
well that's the true reason I feel stern actually vetoed the trade for but i'm not even going to get into that

i don't think the pick they got from the clippers was the one they used to draft davis #1, it was used to draft rivers at #10. the hornets got the first overall pick by sucking which is one of the reasons stern took the lesser deal from the clippers

You are correct.

On December 14, 2011, the New Orleans Hornets acquired Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, Chris Kaman and Minnesota Timberwolves' 2012 first-round draft pick (the 10th pick) from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Chris Paul and two 2015 second-round draft picks. Previously, on August 12, 2005, the Clippers acquired Sam Cassell and a future conditional first-round draft pick from the Timberwolves in exchange for Marko Jarić and Lionel Chalmers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NBA_draft

It was NO original pick, and they were tankapalooza central that year which got them Davis. So still a bad trade for them aside for the fact it enabled them to tank.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Lol as if the rest of the leagues choice if a team wants to make their own big 3? IMO the D12 trade definitely happens if they have CP3, Kupchak would want a third star to play with Kobe and Paul and it would be the only way to compete with Miami/OKC/Spurs

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I stand corrected.

The D12 doesn't happen with CP3 already on the Lakers. Look at those teams you listed. Their Big 3s were either through free agencybor draft. None of them came from getting help from other teams via trades. They still would have had a Big 3 anyway with Bynum but Dwight was the better player.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I stand corrected.

The D12 doesn't happen with CP3 already on the Lakers. Look at thise teams you listed. Their Big 3s were either through free agencybor draft. None of them came from getting help from other teams via trades. They still would have had a Big 3 anyway with Bynum but Dwight was the better player.

so you're saying that the sixers and magic would have refused to participate in the howard trade because they didn't want to help the lakers form a big 3? if it was a WC team then maybe you'd have an argument but not with those two teams

and even if bynum had remained a laker, his career still would've ended early. his knees were already done at that point

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
so you're saying that the sixers and magic would have refused to participate in the howard trade because they didn't want to help the lakers form a big 3? if it was a WC team then maybe you'd have an argument but not with those two teams

and even if bynum had remained a laker, his career still would've ended early. his knees were already done at that point

The Nuggets were involved so I doubt they would've participated.

Yeah, the Lakers would've been screwed over with Bynum instead of the Sixers. Life ain't fair.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Watching Cousins cry and.say he wanted to stay just makes this suck even more.

I'm not even a Sacramento fan and seeing the video and his instagram post hurt. Trading a guy is one thing but stabbing him in the back on his way out is classless and embarrassing. Vlad is a buffoon

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If he loved Sacramento so much why didn't he sign an extension? He's a free agent after next season and there was always talk he was going to bolt.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If he loved Sacramento so much why didn't he sign an extension? He's a free agent after next season and there was always talk he was going to bolt.

The earliest he could sign an extension is this upcoming offseason and that's what he said he was going to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad