SABRES WIN LOTTERY!!!! Will pick #1 overall in the 2018 Draft

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'd cancel the playoffs hold a lottery for the Cup. Then we could proceed directly to the draft and free agency. Start the season on August 1.
What kind of odds do you think we'd get? Not just before the lottery, but after it's down to the last three on tape delay as well?

Oh, zero percent? Damn.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
There was a little YouTube jag in another forum talking about the Bills' "Allen Passing Project," taking APP songs and relating them to the Bills... but there was one tune that seemed to apply more to the Sabres...

Just closing my eyes and imagining Daly flipping that card over in my mind's eye :)

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Feels good, doesn't it?
I was still in high school when Turgeon was selected. But this, this just feels different.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Too much talk about Dahlin in this thread. Let's get back to the math!

That's what everyone wants to read. I mean, at least that's what I was hoping for. Who wants to read about Dahlin's potential, or watch highlight videos when we can discuss the math behind the draft lottery odds...

lol (j/k around)

Reactions: Rasmi and Weaves

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
That feeling where you spent an entire season in a year your team finishes dead last and is projected with the best odds to win the lotto and select the McDavid of Dmen and didn't Make one post alluding to acquiring Dahlin because well Buffalo...and then when you are picking 1st instead of 4th...oh f*** yes. This is even 10x better then guaranteeing McEichel because we are guaranteed a superstar future hof talent. I was praying just to finish 2nd and get Svechnikov. Winning the lotto and drafting the third best prospect since Lindros is incredible. Only Crosby and McDavid are ahead of Dahlin since Lindros was drafted.

Reactions: Dingo44

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Feels good, doesn't it?
I was still in high school when Turgeon was selected. But this, this just feels different.

I was born in 87, didn't realize how good Turgeon was. 1327 pts in 1294, 97 points in 109 playoff games. Surprised he isn't in the HOF. Also, why did the Sabres trade him away to the Isles in the early 90s? Who was involved in that trade?

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I was born in 87, didn't realize how good Turgeon was. 1327 pts in 1294, 97 points in 109 playoff games. Surprised he isn't in the HOF. Also, why did the Sabres trade him away to the Isles in the early 90s? Who was involved in that trade?
Turgeon, Uwe Krupp, Dave McLlwain and Benoit Hogue to islanders for Randy Wood, Pat LaFontaine, Randy Hillier and a draft pick.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Turgeon had been dubbed "The Tin Man" by the Buffalo News for seemingly having no heart in the playoffs. He was a great player but he wasn't dominant like you expected a first overall to be. He didn't really click with Mogilny either. I think LaFontaine had some contract squabbles with the Isles so the deal was made. Patty came in and we immediately had our most exciting team since the French Connection days. Both LaFontaine and Mogilny exploded. Who knows what could have been if we discovered what we had in Hasek the same year that Patty topped 140 points and Alex had 76 goals. I mean Hawerchuk was our second line center!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sorry, I meant when you're talking about 17 year olds that haven't been drafted yet.
And yet if polled before their first NHL games most people would vote overwhelmingly YES that Crosby and McDavid would end up hall of famers. And like it's been said by numerous people Dahlin is the McDavid/Crosby of dmen. He's what Victor Hedman had a GLIMPSE of being. The fact Dahlin has an even far higher ceiling then just Victor Hedman has me giddy. This is so much more exciting then a Eichel. In Eichel we knew we got a great consolation prize but he was more Tavares then McDavid...but Dahlin is it. He's the real deal Holyfield. A generational dman prospect. When you are compared to Karlsson, Lidstrom,Leetch and Denis Potvin as non chalantly as Dahlin is then why wouldn't you expect a HoF career?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad