Confirmed with Link: Sabres vs Lightning in Stockholm on Nov. 8-9

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So after a quick search for the arena, flight from Orlando and poking around to see if one of my old friends who had an apartment in Stockholm still has the place... this might be my graduation gift to myself.

Now I just have to sell a kidney. Please respond with blood types, seeking AB... :D

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Since there's nothing left to play for this season, Phil Housley is working on post game press conferences for the Swedish media.

Yeeh, I cuon’t fuolt ouour guoys fur zeeur iffurt. I meuon feefe-a-oun-feefe-a ve-a vere-a a better huckey teem. It’s juost unffurtuonete-a zeet zeey gut three-a puoer pley guels und ouour puoer pley deedn’t get unyzeeng in retuorn. Su iff yuou luok it zeet ve-a gut tu cleuon up thuse-a irees. Speceel teems, ve-a’fe-a gut tu vin zeet bettle-a tu help :eek::eek::eek::eek:ribuote-a tu zee-a vin. Right nuo ve-a’re-a juost feendeeng veys tu luse-a und ve-a’fe-a gut tu tuorn zee-a curner here-a. Teke-a a lut ouff zee-a zeengs ve-a deed vell und try tu feend veys tu vin.
Bork Bork Bork!

zeenk ve-a’fe-a juost gut tu mentelly be-a a lut sherper. It’s zee-a leettle-a zeengs breekuout pesses, nut ixecuoting oun ouour breekuouts. Und vhee-a yuou dun’t du zeet yuou’re-a nut guing tu hefe-a a fery guod intry su I zeenk zeet’s vhere-a it sterts und ve-a need tu feend veys tu geen pussessiun in zeeur zune-a und try tu vurk und be-a ible-a tu use-a zeese-a skeells zeet ve-a hefe-a. Zee-a geme-a ves muoch cluser thuon zee-a 9-2 scure-a vuould indeecete-a. A fuo less bed buounces fur zeem und a fuo mure-a guod buounces fur us und ve-a iesily ounly cuould hefe-a lust 7-4. Bork Bork Bork!

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Probably the most boring month to visit Sweden. Usually dark, wet, grey and cold. But those of you who live in Buffalo might be used to it :D However the Swedish crown is as weak as it ever has been so probably a good time to visit if you don't want to pass out because everything is so expensive

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
return flights from UK to stockholm = $ 59.45

tickets for the game = from $ 52.85

three nights accommodation = $ 245.00

oh yes !

:cool:

How on earth is your flight that cheap? :amazed:

Hope we bring a full set of Swedes to these games -- Pilut, Olofsson, Nylander, etc.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Not many tickets left. If you’re going to buy: In general you want to seats that are a bit higher up, at least from row five and upwards. The first 10 rows of the balcony sections are the best.
The arena is sadly terrible. At least get to see Sabres twice in my hometown.

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
Seems like you might know more than I.

My brother pulled Tix section a15 row 1

Are these seats on the glass? Or is there some funky row numbering?

I haven't been able to find a row-specific seating chart anywhwre

Not many tickets left. If you’re going to buy: In general you want to seats that are a bit higher up, at least from row five and upwards. The first 10 rows of the balcony sections are the best.
The arena is sadly terrible. At least get to see Sabres twice in my hometown.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
They're trolling us. They've kept us captive in this horror show of a franchise for 10 years, and we've grown dependent on them even though we are just completely powerless to walk away. So they send the team whose entire fan base has Stockholm syndrome to Stockholm. They're trolling us. It's the only explanation.
Yeah but do we have to take them back?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Seems like you might know more than I.

My brother pulled Tix section a15 row 1

Are these seats on the glass? Or is there some funky row numbering?

I haven't been able to find a row-specific seating chart anywhwre
I think it’s behind the glass but I’ll try to find a link to the seating chart. Here’s a pic, you’ll be first row, looks like a lot of people standing when next to the ice. You’ll have a really good view but some parts of the ice could be blocked by the boards.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UKO2SQO13ds/TYOweCs0FrI/AAAAAAAACK4/tMBtB13FcDU/s1600/bild-724143.JPG
He should have been able to see the section marked on the arena map while booking. The problem with the arena is that it’s shaped as a globe so it’s not really inclined enough. They are going to make major changes to it to improve sightlines and acoustics but I think it’s projected for 2020.

Reactions: WNY to NoVA

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
I think it’s behind the glass but I’ll try to find a link to the seating chart. Here’s a pic, you’ll be first row, looks like a lot of people standing when next to the ice. You’ll have a really good view but some parts of the ice could be blocked by the boards.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UKO2SQO13ds/TYOweCs0FrI/AAAAAAAACK4/tMBtB13FcDU/s1600/bild-724143.JPG
He should have been able to see the section marked on the arena map while booking. The problem with the arena is that it’s shaped as a globe so it’s not really inclined enough. They are going to make major changes to it to improve sightlines and acoustics but I think it’s projected for 2020.

thanks, yeah he sent me the overall map with the section highlighted, and it said row 1. I just know in some north american arenas there are rows, like AA, BB, CC or whatever before the "real" rows start (i.e., ROW 1)

many thanks, really looking forward to it. Those "row 1" tix are for the saturday games. I got us tickets for friday, mid ice, middle section, row 2, so i assume that will be our "watch the game" game, and these row 1 tix will be more of an experience game

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Is the team going thru Stockholm syndrome now?
Philsyndrome
They are hold hostage thinking he is a coach but in reality he is just paid to chew bubble gum, really soft bubble gum with defensive bubble coverages.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Philsyndrome
They are hold hostage thinking he is a coach but in reality he is just paid to chew bubble gum, really soft bubble gum with defensive bubble coverages.
"I came here to coach and chew bubble gum, and I don't know how to coach."

Last edited:

RasmWristshotlainen

Jun 24, 2015
Finland
Got tickets for both games today. I'm so pumped but don't know if I should be :huh:
Still love it to see some Sabres in Stockholm. Last time I saw the team live was in Helsinki 2011 I think. A fun game where Sabres won 4-1 with Miller in goal.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad